Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] Sim randomly wearing M.A.C makeup

by SamtheStray

Original Post

Makeup keeps changing

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? GP05:1.assets.live-gp05.207
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dineout, spa day, outdoor retreat, moshino, laundry day, toddler, bowling night, backyard, kids room, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Edit an existing sim, apply makeup, then try to continue editing other categories, or scroll through makeup menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? Makeup changes to completely different colour and style (say for example bright green lips from a nude colour and bright yellow eyeliner from black) when backing out of the makeup menu, changing things like hair and accessories or even just scrolling through the makeup menu.
What do you expect to see? I expect the makeup to stay the same as applied.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The March 2021 patch.

Message 11 of 174 (4,713 Views)

Re: Makeup keeps changing

Hero
@82356gj6gz Merged your post with the main thread but it sounds like it might be a more general issue then the M.A.C. Does it happen for all makeup for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 174 (4,668 Views)

Re: [PS/XB] Sim randomly wearing M.A.C makeup

★★★★★ Novice

I was just playing and I had this issue too. Quite frustrating. Hopefully they fix soon. Thought it was just me. 

Message 13 of 174 (4,655 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thinking back, it was the mac makeup that it switched to.
Message 14 of 174 (4,602 Views)

Hero
@82356gj6gz Thanks for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 174 (4,584 Views)

CAS bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series X
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? It’s up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Eco-Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Island Living, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Toddler stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe see if something went wrong during the patch.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims makeup will change when I change an outfit, like if I had blue eyeshadow it’ll change to the brightest pink and it also changes eyeliners
What do you expect to see? I put a specific type of eyeliner, I put it on, then comeback to the same outfit and it changes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve had the an issue in my CAS after the kits and the free patch came out where if I change my sims outfit while wearing eyeliner or eyeshadow, it completely changes. I could have a blue eyes shadow and it then change to a bright pink. Please fix this!

Message 16 of 174 (4,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Carys1302 Same thing is happening to me on Xbox.
Message 17 of 174 (4,384 Views)

★★ Guide

This is now happening to me with eyeshadow and it was NOT Mac eyeshadow 

Message 18 of 174 (4,340 Views)

Re: Sim randomly wearing lipstick

★★★ Newbie

It isn't just with Mac make up 

On ps4 so no mods 

1 minite 20 second video of the bug occurring  is this similar to yours ? 

https://youtu.be/FS8OZErfM00

Message 19 of 174 (4,322 Views)

Hero
@xjodielaura @CriesinSimlish

Are you both also on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 174 (4,303 Views)