by EsmeraldaEpic

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Sim randomly wearing Makeup

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get together, City living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Island living, Discover university, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Parenthood, Backyard, Bowling Night, Toddler, Laundry dat, My first pet, Tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into create a sim, add the MAC lipstick onto a sim on any outfit. Then create a new sim and change their clothing
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will suddenly be wearing the MAC lipstick in a random colour, even if not 'available' for their gender when you go to change any piece of clothing
What do you expect to see? The clothing to remain the same and no lipstick to be added
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Happened with two sims I tried to create

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 6 of 174 (17,828 Views)

Vampire Eyeshadow Overrides Chosen Eyeshadow

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Platform:Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.assets.live-ep03.206
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Paranormal, Nifty Knotting, Laundry Day, Toddler, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, Bust the Dust, Country Kitchen, Throwback Fit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a bee household. Create a new sim. Choose the vampire eyeshadow with the dark background and dots. Then choose different eyeshadow. Wait a few moments and the eye shadow will revert.
What happens when the bug occurs? Makeup changes to vampire eyeshadow. If I change the eyeshadow it will revert back to the vampire shadow after a few seconds. All new outfits created are also affected since the eyeshadow was on the first everyday outfit. Even when choosing a styled looked the eyeshadow will switch to the vampire eyeshadow.
What do you expect to see? Makeup should not revert to vampire eyeshadow
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest release with bunk beds

Additional Information: Screenshot of eyeshadow attached. 

Minor update: I uninstalled the Vampires pack and there are no issues in CAS. For some reason it is only the Vampire eyeshadow that causes it. I also started a new family, different from the one that had the issues before I uninstalled and there were still problems with the eyeshadow. I had not even chosen an eyeshadow yet and the game chose the vampire one for me. This prompted me to uninstall that pack.

Message 1 of 174 (17,339 Views)

Re: Vampire Eyeshadow Overrides Chosen Eyeshadow

Hero
@i1540jzz9hlc Does this happen with every vamp you create ? Bit unsure I understand what you did right (cause of your comment below)

You created a random vamp and it already had that eye shadow and now you can't get rid of it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 174 (17,310 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry for confusion. In my comment, I meant to say that other eyeshadows do not cause the issue. I had actually uninstall the Vampires pack to stop the issue. I would like for pack to be installed to play it though. 

Regarding your first statements:

This happened with a normal Sim who was not occult. I would create a new Sim and then as soon as I selected an item that would push me into the clothing choice section of CAS the Sim would populate the vampire makeup, even if there was no makeup worn initially. 

Message 3 of 174 (17,279 Views)

Hero
@i1540jzz9hlc Could be an issue with the controls on console then.

Tagging @PoptartJuniper

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 174 (17,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@i1540jzz9hlc You aren't pressing the L Trigger button or the L Trigger button on your controller isn't sticking is it? I tried to duplicate this but was not able to. Even randomizing the eyeshadows and then trying to switch or choose the vampire eyeshadow, the shadows did not revert unless I pressed the undo button.

I was able to duplicate the makeup on every outfit, but not the reverting makeup. It does seem like something is not right with the makeup application.

Message 5 of 174 (17,264 Views)

Re: Sim randomly wearing lipstick

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too, also on ps4.

My Sim had no lipstick, I applied MAC brand lipstick to their formal outfit, then moved into athletic outfit. I noticed they had the same MAC brand lipstick I had applied to the formal so I removed it and changed some of their outfit but as soon as I changed their outfit the lipstick reappeared only this time it was the grimcookies lipstick added in the birthday update. After that every change I made in outfit no matter how many times I removed the lipstick it would reappear.

Happened after last patch update. The only packs I have is Island Living.

Message 7 of 174 (17,741 Views)

Re: Sim randomly wearing lipstick

★★ Guide

Omg this has literally just started happening to me as well about 3 minutes ago!! I put the Mac lipstick on and then all of a sudden on every outfit her lips were changing to bright green and bright yellow and bright red no matter how many times I took all of her makeup off!! 

I am also on PS4 

Message 8 of 174 (17,742 Views)

Mac Eyeshadow Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the free ones.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In create a sims change something about the sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mac eyeshadow (which is like a load of random brush strokes) is automatically applied each time you change the sim. You can see it in game too.
What do you expect to see? No eyeshadow unless I put it on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the bunk bed update (which is super cool btw)

That eyeshadow:

the-sims-4-mac-eye-shadow.jpg

Also forgot to mention that the eyeshadow goes on kids too, however because there is no option for kids make-up, you cannot remove it.

@Carys1302 I have the same thing but with the eyeshadow instead.

Message 9 of 174 (17,725 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will reinstall and see if I am pressing those buttons. I should have time later today to test. Sorry for my delays in replies. But I appreciate all of you helping me to research if it is my issue or an issue! Ha. More to come. 

Message 10 of 174 (17,235 Views)