by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Items Menu Bug In Build Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition Content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to build mode and browse object categories menu
What happens when the bug occurs? All categories that have new unlocked items (gold star) become highlighted in green as you scroll down the list but don't unhighlight as you move to the next category in the list. This means you can't see which category is currently highlighted.
What do you expect to see? I would expect only the currently selected category to be highlighted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

GIF demonstrating the bug:

Message 6 of 10 (1,935 Views)

Xbox One - Items Menu Bug In Build Mode

★★★★ Apprentice

I meant to add this to my previous list of bugs on the Xbox One version but figured it would be better logged separately.

When you are in build mode and go to add items by type the category select menu doesn't function as it does. As you scroll through the list, it doesn't unhighlight categories as you go (to use and analogy it's almost as if you were holding shift on a PC and selecting items). So you can't be sure which category you actually are on as they all get highlighted.

Message 1 of 10 (1,935 Views)

Re: Xbox One - Items Menu Bug In Build Mode

★★★ Guide

You actually have to go into each category to "un- highlight" the objects.  Same thing with the clothing items. You actually have to go into the clothing section for each gender. 

There is a glitch in the clutter category though. I've scrolled through each individual item in there multiple times and the cup remains gold and the category remains starred. 

Message 2 of 10 (1,923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, but I think you are misunderstanding the issue that I am referring. I mean the GUI doesn't unhighlight categories when you move onto the next one on the list. It starts off white with only the first category highlighted in green. You scroll to the next one and the previous one remains highlighted as well. This repeats all down the list until all categories are highlighted in green. If you try to scroll back up, you have to blind guess which one you are on.

Message 3 of 10 (1,918 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This GIF should illustrate what I mean, and yes, it seems to be related to categories that have new items in them (gold starred). It doesn't happen every game session but it happens frequently enough to be an annoyance.

Message 4 of 10 (1,904 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I actually realise now that vyvexthorne is spot on with what they said, it does indeed go away when you look at the new items in each category. But that's not a solution to this bug that's really practical. And it doesn't happen every gaming session, just about half of them.

Message 5 of 10 (1,902 Views)

★★★ Guide

I see what you mean now. I have no idea what is causing that. It doesn't do that on my game. Have you restarted your xbox recently? I say this a lot in many threads and I dont' know how helpful it actually is. All I know is that whenever I have problem with the ps4 or xbox, I simply restart the machine. It's cleared up so many issues I've had with games. 

It's probably just hyper gremlins and for some reason restarting the console calms them down.

Message 7 of 10 (1,875 Views)

Hero

@vyvexthorne @RealStyli

I merged the threads into the bug report.

I will add this to my list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,867 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yep, Vyvexthorne, it's been like that since I first played the game on Saturday. I always turn off my console completely when I go to bed
Message 9 of 10 (1,852 Views)

Hero

Added  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,839 Views)