by catloverplayer

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Custom Book Title change

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Getting a Sim to create a book
What happens when the bug occurs? The title and description of the book are either switched, reset to default, or a combination of the two errors.
What do you expect to see? The title and description should stay as I have typed them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Example; What I submit Title: The Adventures of Stanley Description: The heart warming tale of a boy and his honey badger What it becomes Title: The heart warming tale of a boy and his honey badger Description: This is a children's book

Message 1 of 7 (684 Views)

Re: Sims4: Custom Book issues

Hero

Hi @Liambobo

Have you tried with a shorter title and without any ':' ?

I'll test if this also happens on PC, can't test on console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (675 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [TO TEST] Custom Book Title change

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes happens on my PS4 Game as well.

Message 3 of 7 (647 Views)

Re: Custom Book Title change

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (625 Views)

Re: Sims4: Custom Book issues

★★★ Novice
It happens on my PS4 too, every single book I write the description and title is switched
Message 5 of 7 (608 Views)

[XB] Books don't get named properly

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Deluxe Edition Upgrade, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When starting to write a book, fill in the book title and book description input boxes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The finished book's title is the description instead of the book title you entered, and the finished book doesn't have description flavor text.
What do you expect to see? That the book will be named what was entered as the title and have the description you entered as flavor text.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Honestly, it's so minor because you can still rename the book after completing it (though I didn't try, so I don't know if it allows the description to be written in or if the description would just overwrite the title again)
Message 6 of 7 (594 Views)

Re: [XB] Books don't get named properly

Hero

Hi @KCrayog

merged your post with already existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (584 Views)