by xAESx

Original Post

[XB1] Mouse cursor phone menu not working properly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current available game packs and stuff packs on XBox One
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When the phone rings, whether it be a person calling or work calling, and the menu to select from is open. Use the cursor to try and select something on the menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cursor in the phone menu options is very buggy. It will look like I'm clicking on something or multiple options in menus, but it clicks on another option I don't want. For example, I cannot get my Sim to work from home anymore. When the phone rings with the options, I try to click on work from home but end up taking PTO or sending my Sim to work. It will appear that I'm selecting multiple things at one time or it appears that I'm selecting Work from home and the game has me taking PTO. Same things occur when trying to accept travel requests/come over requests from friends. This has happened since the update on March 15th. Prior to this, I had no trouble with it. I've tried turning off the "trail" animation and it hasn't helped.
What do you expect to see? My Sim needs to be allowed to work from home if I want them to or hang out with someone calling. It should be clear which option I'm selecting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch from 03/15/2018 installed on 03/15/2018.

The cursor is extremely buggy since I installed the patch on Xbox One. I've tried adjusting the cursor options, disabling trail animations, etc.., nothing seems to help. 

Message 41 of 60 (2,750 Views)

Xbox sims 4 controls went berserk

★★★★ Apprentice

So I thought the last patch was supposed to fix the UI going all wonky in the sims 4? I was playing today and when I clicked to answer the phone, it did not answer, it closed the incoming call window, then I could not click on the various menus to open them, it kept opening random windows, which I could not interact with, opened several at once, one on top of the other. none of which responded to clicks, and the UI just generally went berserk. Several rude comments come to mind, but that would not fix this extremely delicate UI. I swear, if you look at it sideways it has a total meltdown.

Message 42 of 60 (2,717 Views)

[XB1] Cant click on anything

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Vampires, Dine Out, and Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game(it happens almost immediately)
What happens when the bug occurs? If I try to click on something.......for example, if I want to use the phone it kicks me out if i try to move down. Also, if I'm having a conversation and I want to click another social interaction it kicks me out. Same thing happens when I try to click manage worlds and the notification tab. I always end up on the needs part of the screen.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play the game for more than five minutes before having to restart because I can't press anything. I want to be able to scroll though the phone, and i want to be able to have a conversation without having to constantly press back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'd like to also add that sims take a long time to start on task that I have them do and sometimes they cancel actions.

Message 43 of 60 (2,699 Views)

Re: [XB1] Cant click on anything

Hero
@xAESx Merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 60 (2,675 Views)

Re: [PS/XB] Cant access phone options

★★ Novice
I'm dealing with this right now and it's so annoying. I'm gonna try restarting the game
Message 45 of 60 (2,643 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox One...phone issue! Can not travel anymore :(

★★★ Newbie
Is there any progress on this! Bought this game yesterday in the sale and I feel like I've been completely conned. The phone stopped working about an hour into playing. And the bugs render the game unplayable at times.
Message 46 of 60 (2,561 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox One...phone issue! Can not travel anymore :(

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Yeah, I just bought this game for my sister in law and she cant play it for all the bugs.
Message 47 of 60 (2,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Thank you!!!!!! I followed those exact instructions on clearing the Alternative MAC settings and when I went to play the game afterward the cell phone options work perfectly now!!!!
Message 48 of 60 (2,474 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

Is anyone still having this issue since last patch?

Thank you very much! 

Message 49 of 60 (2,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No haven't had any problems for a while now 

Message 50 of 60 (2,315 Views)