Re: [PS/XB] Cant access phone options

by savagemama80

Original Post

★ Novice
Same thing here. Specifically, when I open the phone I can tab to other sections, and move up l, but anything else and I get kicked to the cursor. Also, if I use the road to travel, when I arrive I lose all function to the cursor, making the game unplayable.When this happens, I still have the scroll function, but when I try to switch menus the mode stay on scroll and never goes over to cursor mode.
Message 11 of 60 (6,742 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just happened to me too, and the same with trying to edit the lot info, cant navigate in either anymore

Message 12 of 60 (6,719 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I originally had the same issue with the phone. Now it’s hapoeninf in build mode and create a sim so it’s virtualy unplayable. I’m beyond pissed.
Message 13 of 60 (6,687 Views)

[XB1] Up/down navigation broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? N/A base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Any time I try to move my selector up or down in "cursor mode" or in "tile mode". Left and right work fine.
What happens when the bug occurs? One example: if I bring up the phone and try to move down one option, my cursor jumps to the very bottom left corner option on my screen. Basically, if I try to navigate up or down on any page, my "selector" moves to one of the "main" options on the page around the border.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to use up and down to navigate around the screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Happens on everything in the game that I try to use up or down arrows in. Especially in the map screen.

Message 14 of 60 (6,678 Views)

Re: [XB1] Up/down navigation broken

Hero

@dy5256

merged your post with exiting report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 60 (6,655 Views)

(PS4)Phone menu glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
When the phone is open the cursor will dart around the screen instead of staying in the phone menu. Also on the only button that it can go to can't be selected/used (chat with) also sorry if someone has already put a forum for this.
(This glitch started for me when I aged up a sim)
Restarting works to fix it. I'll update again once I age another sim.
Message 16 of 60 (6,654 Views)

Re: (PS4)Phone menu glitch

Hero

@LeRealWolfheart

merged your post with exiting bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 60 (6,630 Views)

Sims 4 Xbox one controls not working after November update?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the packs as of the 2nd December
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the control stick in the ‘middle screen’ build/buy, gameplay etc and it’s keeps going to the outside screen controls - lot info, actions, needs etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? If I go to search objects by function and scroll up the list selection it takes me to the lot info and if I go into the mobile and scroll down the list selection it goes to the actions menu. I’ve been trying to decorate using the by room selection but even then when I try and move my controller up it goes to the lot info. When I’m in a selection (for example floor tiles) and want to go back to select carpet pressing B is now taking me all the way out of the flooring selection menu instead of one step back.
What do you expect to see? As above I should have to toggle or physically scroll to the menu to switch between them but it seems that any up or down movement of the control stick is toggling. Also B button is over sensitive when in build/buy.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have installed the November patch but I feel that I’ve played it without issue since then, but possibly not.
Message 18 of 60 (6,632 Views)

Sims 4 Xbox One...phone issue! Can not travel anymore :(

★★★ Newbie
When I click on the phone, I can’t select anything except the 1st option of each screen. When I try to scroll down, the cursor moves out of phone and all around the screen to the other icons. It’s acts as if the phone is not even open. It’s annoying because I can’t throw a party or even invite a friend over. I can’t travel or play a game on my phone. It was working fine until I threw a party. Ever since, my phone hasn’t worked again. How can I fix this please! This is ruining my experience.
Message 19 of 60 (6,607 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Xbox One...phone issue! Can not travel anymore :(

EA app Team

Hi @kiraliciously,

I have merged your threat to this one because, unfortunately, other players are experiencing the same issue you describe.

Have you tried to restart your game? That might help you to be able to scroll down in the phone again.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 20 of 60 (6,589 Views)