by Cherrylicious94

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS/XB] Can't edit relationships - Second column blocked

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and dogs, seasons, city living, island living, vampires, parenthood, jungle adventure, vintage glamor stuff, spooky stuff, toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a household with 6 or more people. Try to edit the relationships of all of them. You will only be able to do the first 4
What happens when the bug occurs? You cant edit the relationships of the people in the column on the right
What do you expect to see? You should be able to get the green highlight to go over to their boxes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No matter what i do i cant get the green highlight to go over to the right. Made a thread about this titled “edit relationships glitch ps4” and someone else said they had the same problem. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Edit By PoptartJuniper: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 13 (4,923 Views)

Re: Edit relationships ps4

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Rory_McCannabis Some are co-dependent on other relationship and you can't change them unless you change the others.

So if that Uncle Sim is the brother of Shirley, he becomes the uncle automatically.

Scratch that, Seems its' an issue with the control on PS4

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,828 Views)

Changing Sims relationships in Create a sim

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Having an issue with changing relationships after creating more than 4 Sims in a household. 

When in Create a Sim, and editing traits, voice and familial relationships, the little white box pops up where you can change the relationships to from "household member" to "brother" "wife" "sister" etc.

But after creating more than 4 it creates 2 columns of household members and doesn't let me switch to the right side to edit the relationships in the right column. 

Anyone know how to go around this?

*playing on Xbox one for reference*

Message 3 of 13 (4,700 Views)

Re: Changing Sims relationships in Create a sim

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lilspaceaddict I've merged your post with the bug report on this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post of the thread.

If you have a mouse you can plug in to the console, you can use it to set the relationships in the second column, otherwise there is no workaround. The controller doesn't work.

Message 4 of 13 (4,673 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [PS4] Can't edit relationships - Second column blocked

★★★ Newbie

Hi have this exact same problem! I noticed you made this post in June, have you managed to find a fix? If so I would love to know how! 😩 it’s so frustrating!! 

Message 5 of 13 (4,452 Views)

Re: Relationships won't edit in create a sim.

★★★ Novice

I play on xbox. For me when im in CAS and there is more than 4 sims I cannot acces the drop down of the fifth and sixth and so on sims. Eg I added a fifth sim to a household and i can change his relationship towards the four original but when I add a sixth one the game wont let me go to the drop down menu for the new sim. Its in another column and even if i push on dpad right it just wont go there I can olnly stay in the first column where the four original sims are

Message 6 of 13 (4,081 Views)

Re: Relationships won't edit in create a sim.

Hero (Retired)
@Gab04 I've merged your post with the bug report on this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post of the thread.

If you have a mouse you can plug in to the console, you can use it to set the relationships in the second column, otherwise there is no workaround. The controller doesn't work.
Message 7 of 13 (4,064 Views)

Unable to change household relationships in CAS (PS4)

★★★ Novice

When I am in CAS and I have more than four sims in my household I cannot go to the second column of sims to change the relationships, I will only be able to change the relationships of the first column. I am unable to go left to right, only up and down. Sometimes the game will sort of glitch and allow me to go to the second column, but I will be stuck going back and forth between two sims.

Message 8 of 13 (3,991 Views)

Re: Unable to change household relationships in CAS (PS4)

Hero (Retired)
@Maidai00 I've merged your post with the bug report on this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post of the thread.

Message 9 of 13 (3,961 Views)

Betreff: [OPEN] [PS/XB] Can't edit relationships - Second column blocked

★★★★ Novice

i have the same problem, it worked with mouse, but that can not be the future!

Message 10 of 13 (3,708 Views)