by Uigenna

Original Post

[OPEN] [PS] Rewards Store and Live Buy menus glitched

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the industrial loft kit, cottage living, and dream home decorator.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Buy items in live mode (ex: pet toys), then try to go to the rewards store. 2) Buy rewards store items, then try buying pet toys.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) The rewards store will show the buy menu for the pet toys. 2) The buy menus for anything in live mode will be blank.
What do you expect to see? The separate buy lists working correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after the last patch.

Sometimes I can fix it by trying repeatedly, but most of the time I have to exit out of the household and then reload it, which is very annoying.

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Added Tag

Edit: Put in the version number it started happening on, but I can confirm it's still happening after today's patch, version 1.48

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 14 (3,370 Views)

Re: Rewards Store and live buy menus glitched

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I can duplicate this on PS4. I used a pet toy box to purchase a ball, then bought a reward potion. Went back to the pet box and bought another ball. Then I went back to the trait reward store and the pet toy box menu appeared. 

@Uigenna Can you please update your post with the version number of your game. You can do this by highlighting the game on the console dashboard, pressing the "options" button, then select either "Update History" or "Information" for your current game version.

You can also do this in game by pressing the bumpers (L1 and R1) and the triggers (L2 and R2) at the same time and bringing up the cheat window, then type in the word Version. Once the list pops up, scroll to the top of the list and find the word BASE. The numbers after BASE is your current version. Thanks for updating!

Edit: This also happens with other menus and the reward store. I bought books and then couldn't purchase reward store items because the books menu kept appearing.

The Sims™ 4_20210929201154.jpg

Message 2 of 14 (3,313 Views)

Re: [PS] Rewards Store and Live Buy menus glitched

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So I am also having the same problems, except I'm having them on PC.  So here is my information that differs--

What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed:  ALL

Mods:  None

Issue:  Started after previous patch.

Unable to access any selection pop-ups.  This includes, COOKING, Purchase From Option Windows.  Window does not pop-up.  Able to save via Alt+F4 to pull up save window, but unable to continue gameplay.

Select stove and select COOK - Menu should appear.  Nothing but a Paused screen with no windows, and unable to unpause.
Things I have Done to Fix

1.  Completely reinstall the game -  Same issue 
2.  New family (Corrupted Save?)   - Same issue
3.  New family after reinstall - Same issue
4.  Repair the game fully - Same issue

Message 3 of 14 (3,284 Views)

Hero
@Avenagaliene Did you never have mods or removed them ? It doesn't' really sound like the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (3,266 Views)

★★ Guide

So it's worse today, since the latest patch. Now I can't do anything to get these menus unbroken except to exit to manage worlds and then go back again. Nothing in live mode works anymore to fix it. Previously, I could fix it by trying repeatedly, or switching sims, or going to another menu. Now, it remains broken no matter what I do unless I exit and re-enter.

Message 5 of 14 (3,224 Views)

can't access the rewards store, recycle from inventory menu opens instead

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.48
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Paranormal, eco, spa day, star wars, outdoor retreat, perfect patio, fitness, romantic garden, bowling night, get together, university, island living, strangerville, get famous, realm of magic, toddler stuff, parenthood, cats& dogs, cool kitchen, get to work, dine out, spooky stuff, Jungle adventure, seasons, vintage glamor, vampires, city living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select the rewards store in a sim's aspirations menu?
What happens when the bug occurs? The rewards store doesn't open, it opens "recycle from inventory" instead.
What do you expect to see? The rewards store
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The rewards store doesn't open, it opens "recycle from inventory" instead.

Message 6 of 14 (3,199 Views)

Re: can't access the rewards store, recycle from inventory menu opens instead

Hero (Retired)

@CaptainRenfield I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 7 of 14 (3,159 Views)

[PS4] Game is getting stuck on menu after ordering parts

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? Gp10. 28
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except pets, most but not all game and stuff packs, no kits unless laundry day is a kit I don't remember
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Order a computer part, then after that is done, try to recycle something or purchase from the aspiration menu etc
What happens when the bug occurs? Game is getting stuck on one type of menu. Other menus will show previous used menu or show up completely blank. Completely exiting game will reset to whatever the first menu used is. So basically if I recycle something, then later want to buy an aspiration reward, the aspiration shop shows up as the recycle menu or blank. Pizza does not seem to be effected, but food ordering, computer ordering, recycling, aspiration menu all definitely are
What do you expect to see? The normal menus for different functions
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Issue appeared sometime after country living installed. Was occasional at first, has now become persistant. Very annoying to have to completely restart game every time I need access to a menu. Sometimes menus are the wrong menu, other times they show completely blank

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 8 of 14 (3,130 Views)

Re: Menu malfunction on ps4

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Neljifer Could you add a picture to your report ?

Looks like it's a known issue :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 14 (3,070 Views)

Re: [PS4] Game is getting stuck on menu after ordering parts

Hero (Retired)

@Neljifer I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

If your purchase screen for services or items is showing up blank, please use this thread [PS] Purchase Menus Blank

Message 10 of 14 (3,054 Views)