by Sparkiekong

Original Post

[OPEN] [PPSP] [CAS] Texture Bleed on Perfect Patio Male Open Layered Shirt

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All DLC packs EXCEPT Nifty Knitting, Journey to Batuu, Eco Lifestyle, and Snowy Escape.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Apply the ymTop_SP02ShirtOpenLayered asset to a Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The colour of the shirt on top bleeds onto the Sim's skin around the neckline and under the t-shirt below.
What do you expect to see? No shirt colour on the Sim's skin.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Every swatch of the ymTop_SP02ShirtOpenLayered asset has colour bleed from the shirt colour onto the Sim's skin around the neckline.

It has not always been like this and the asset thumbnail correctly shows the item as it should look.

I don't know how long it has been like this as I haven't attempted to apply it to any of my Sims for quite some time up until discovering this yesterday.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (2,373 Views)

[PPSP] Open Shirt Layered Solid Shirt texture issue

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim and put the shirt on them.
What happens when the bug occurs? the open shirt portion of the shirt bleeds onto the sim's neck.
What do you expect to see? That when I put the shirt on them, it does not show up on the neck.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens on all swatches. I have tried this with and without mods, though the current version you're seeing is modded. I have tested without as well. If you'd like to see that too, I can take a screen of that.

2022-08-13_03-15-25.png

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 2 of 11 (2,088 Views)

Re: [PPSP] Open Shirt Layered Solid Shirt texture issue

Hero
@Sparkiekong Turns out there already was a report for this shirt :D

I merged your post. Can you click me too on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (2,054 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I've just taken a look at the item again with modding tools and it looks as though the alpha mask of the textures was edited at some point for whatever reason. I was able to make a fix in only a couple of minutes.
I know this is of no use to console players but I'll be sharing my fix publicly on my MTS profile until it ever gets an official fix.
Message 4 of 11 (2,041 Views)

★ Guide

Sure can! 

Message 5 of 11 (2,040 Views)

★ Guide

@Alistu Can you point me to your temp fix? 

Message 6 of 11 (2,036 Views)

★★ Guide
@Sparkiekong I don't think I'm allowed to directly link to it here but if you go to ModTheSims and search for the username Menaceman44 then you will find it.
Message 7 of 11 (1,983 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Ok. Thank you.

Message 8 of 11 (1,937 Views)

★ Guide
@Alistu yeah there's a rule I guess. I didn't know about it and my post got edited. I'll find it.
Message 9 of 11 (1,925 Views)

★★ Guide

I may have remembered incorrectly, but I believe links to mods are allowed now?

If so, here is the link to my fix. https://modthesims.info/d/670017/perfect-patio-open-layered-shirt-fix.html

Message 10 of 11 (511 Views)