Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PH] Lunch bag not moving to inventory

by CARR1EF1SHER

Original Post

Re: Lunch bag not moving to inventory (patch 1.86.157.1030)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This is exactly what's happening in my game lately. Its really frustrating because I like the lunch bag feature but for the past week or so it's been glitchy, but prior to that I've never had any issues with it. I do play with mods so I wont be able to provide save files, but it seems the glitch happens in non-modded saves too. So far I've had this glitch happen on my testing save and my main save too. What I've found is if I leave the lot then come back it may work for a time, but eventually the glitch comes back. The only way I've been able to get rid of the floating lunch bag is if I go into BB, and delete it from there. Oh, and once the bug starts if I attempt to drag the lunch bag into their inventory from the fridge it just vanishes. 

Message 31 of 68 (1,118 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue!! I've removed all mods, deleted my Resource.cfg and localthumbcache.package files each time, even repaired the game, and I've seen no improvement! So far I've only tried this with the Veggie and Hummus Sandwich each time, but I can't move it to inventory either through dragging or interaction! Instead it floats in the air, and it's been this way every time.

Message 32 of 68 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Novice
@BitterClover Oh! And this is in response to the 15/06 patch (1.89.214.1030) :D
Message 33 of 68 (1,063 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm on Xbox and having the same issue. They make the movement to put it in their inventory, but then the lunch just hangs out in midair. If I try to move the lunch, it attaches to my arrow and doesn't go away. I have to save and then restart my game. 

Message 34 of 68 (1,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I have the same bug too. I sent my savefile.

15-06-22_16-28-31.png

Message 35 of 68 (1,016 Views)

Floating Sack Lunch werewolves

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except for Get Together I don't have Outdoor retreat, Vampires, Strangerville, Journey to Baatu, or jungle adventure Stuff I have: Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny living, my first pet, laundry day, bowling night, vintage glamour, movie night, and cool kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sack lunch and try and put it into the sims inventory
What happens when the bug occurs? The sack lunch either disappears but isn't in the inventory, or floats oddly in space. The one time it went into the inventory, the Sim showed as working but was at home.
What do you expect to see? The sack lunch goes into the inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the werewolf pack.

Sack lunch won't go into inventories or the fridge. on the rare chance it does, the sim stays home instead of going to work but still shows as being at work. Going to edit worlds put my sim in the right place and the sack lunches back on the side instead of floating in space but can't get them to go in inventories at all. 

Message 36 of 68 (939 Views)

Re: Floating Sack Lunch werewolves

★★★★★ Apprentice
Sometimes a lunch bag somehow ends up in a Sim's inventory. I don’t see it there, visually it’s not there, but the lunch disappears from the mouse cursor, and the sim goes to work. But as soon as the Sim eats his lunch and gets the moodlet, the game immediately returns him home, although the end of the working day is still far away.
Message 37 of 68 (815 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well, no mods and config and cache files deleted to be sure no trace of them was left. 

Bag does a lot of weird things, but mostly it just disappears, becomes unusable, or flips into the air and freezes...and then becomes unusable. I get last exceptions upon trying to place it in my inventory, and upon trying to take it out if its somehow ended up in there. I've also had duplicates appear in testing environments. Happens on new files, old saves, etc. 

Hope this gets patched! I recall this was an issue a few years ago too..

Message 38 of 68 (766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know how you feel, unfortunately. The sad thing for me is that I have mods which make it more difficult to save money on certain meals.

For instance, it costs about 100 simoleons to cook a cheese pizza from raw ingredients.

This is not fun.

Frown

Message 39 of 68 (756 Views)

★ Novice

Having this same issue. Just downloaded the game, no CC, no mods. The only thing that works is unpacking the sack lunch and then repacking it. Actually allows me to drop it into inventory and also gives me the ‘put in inventory option’ for my sim.

Message 40 of 68 (746 Views)