Re: [OPEN] [PH] Kids won't stop entering phase

by NameGani

Original Post

★★ Novice

Me too. My child sim kept entering the clingy phase and even though his hygiene and energy level are red to the max, he wouldn't go to bed or take a bath. The "entering phase" action kept cancelling out whatever thing I want him to do and it's so annoying.

Message 11 of 28 (1,610 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I started having the same issue recently.  I had created a new game and plopped the CAS made family into an apartment in San Myshuno.

The eldest child had his first phase tantrum, then again, and again and again and again.  Each time coming quicker than the last one.

The other child ("created" in game, not in CAS) does not seem to have any issues when entering a phase.  She gets her phase tantrum then goes about her business.

The only thing I CAN do once the eldest goes into a phase is to travel to another lot.  I generally take the whole family out for a spin around the park, but just changing lots with one should theoretically stop the hiccup.

I had not seen this in an older save where a different family was living in a different neighborhood, so I thought it was just another San Myshuno hiccup.

Message 12 of 28 (1,587 Views)

Children and teens come out of shower to enter phase

★ Guide

OK, so as it says in the title of this, my children and teens come out the the shower every 2 seconds to enter a phase! I recently had my teenager go into the shower as she was smelly, and she had the mean streak phase and every 2 seconds she would jump out of the shower to snoop into her brothers journal, or she would come out of the shower and the animation for " enter phase " would pop up.. its very annoying and they cannot shower! 

Message 13 of 28 (1,404 Views)

★ Guide

@NameGani wrote:

The other child ("created" in game, not in CAS) does not seem to have any issues when entering a phase.  She gets her phase tantrum then goes about her business.

Since this post I have had it occur repeatedly with the CAS made kids and the non-CAS made kids (TFBs).  The only thing I can do is still travel to a different lot or save and exit (which is what I do when the new child triplets ALL get a phase as they are going to bed).

Message 14 of 28 (1,377 Views)

Re: Teen Stuck "Entering Phase"

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well. The teen sim will "enter a phase" but will not stay in it. He just cancels his queue, stomps around, then sits around until I try to do something again. Rinse. Repeat.

Moving the sim family out and back in seemed to have alleviated the issue. It is a huge pain to redecorate the lot when it happens though. Please fix this. 

Message 15 of 28 (1,354 Views)

Hero

@lacedmetal

merged with open bug report since there's been more reports and I couldn't refind the other :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 28 (1,346 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @12eco @Daedrical @crinrict @Audrey1700 @Xylo_95Mikayla @GinoReiji @NameGani @LadyAelswith @lacedmetal

We haven't been able to reproduce this yet.

Would any of you be willing to share your save files with the issue?  If so, instructions are here.

Also, any other details may be helpful:

• What packs you have installed
  • More details about what was happening prior to the issue occurring
  • Videos showing the issue
  • Etc.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 28 (1,318 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

To be honest, I never let them get far into the phase any more.  Pretty much as soon as I get the "So-and-so is entering a phase....." message, I save and exit and restart.

However, I have noticed that it seems to only be a problem when you try to get them to do things before / during / after the phase start.  If you let them run autonomously there really does not seem to be huge issues.  They still spam Family Bonding Activities and never finish what they start (they plop down to play with a doctor doll and a few sim minutes later they're at the doll house, or stereo, or tv or washing non-existing dishes) autonomously, but I haven't seen them really re-enter a phase unless I am trying to get them to do something I tell them to do (which still gets interrupted by excessive Family Bonding Activities).

I currently have all content, am fully patched and updated and run "online", if that makes any difference.

~~~~~~~~

EDIT:     I was unable to save / exit / restart when two of my boys (children) went into phases right as I was starting a Dinner Party to fulfil one of the aspiration portions of the Cooking Aspiration for one of the parents (wow that was a mouth-full).  The elder one rolled the Mean Phase and I only saw him break autonomous actions once it hit.  The younger one rolled the Picky Eater Phase and I have witnessed at least three different times where he broke all actions, autonomous or otherwise (seriously, he's waving his arms and hopping around like a rabid rabbit because he has to use the toilet but he instead has to go Dance at the stereo or spam the Doll House because Family Bonding takes precedence over everything but washing non-existent dishes, so I HAVE to direct him to the toilet even though he WAS fully potty trained as a toddler), to re-enter the Phase (the icon in the Actions Queue says "Entering Phase" even though it hit the night before).

Edit 2:  Both boys just went through another Phase less than a sim-day after they both Entered a Phase right before a Dinner Party.  They both dropped their original Phases (Mean and Picky Eater) and BOTH entered the Loud Phase, at the SAME TIME.  Both Simology Panels show only their Child Trait, Top-Notch Toddler Trait (I run on long life-spans so I can get a full family where they [and by they, I mean, ultimately, me] want to be without having to fully micro-manage every single moment of their lives) and the Loud Phase Trait, so the original Phases (Mean / Picky Eater) were definitely dropped.  And right now I really do have a full house (2 YA parents, triplet children a bit over halfway through their life state (the older boy is the youngest triplet), another child not too far into that life state (the younger boy), a toddler and an infant (I must have had a moment of temporary insanity when I said "Yeah, I do that!", especially since I was SO not ready for triplets)) so I can't be fully aware of everything that is going on at one time.

Message 18 of 28 (1,292 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I know this report is old but tag says it's still open..

my teen does alot of DJing at The Narwhal Arms, it's how she makes her money.

anyways, she's keeps getting interrupted by these mood swings and drop que to play DJ table, its almost to the point of getting annoying when she's does this.

I do a cheat traits.remove_trait trait_ChildhoodPhase_(phase) she in, sec later gets hit again with something else. then it starts spamming.

I don't mine the phases at lease let her/him finish the task..

thanks 

Cornelia

Message 19 of 28 (1,202 Views)

Hero

Would you happen to have a save to share where it happens repeatedly ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 28 (1,198 Views)