Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PH] Grounding teen (Phone) causes interactions to be stealthily

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco lifestyle, university, island living, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, realms of magic, strangerville, parenthood, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, knifty knitting, vintage glamour, cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ground a teen
What happens when the bug occurs? adult sim grounded teen sim from phone, then teen sim can't be commanded to do any action without it being called stealthily and give a tense moodlet for breaking grounding. adult sim also autonomously reprimands teen sim for every action
What do you expect to see? i expect to only see teen sim stealthily using a phone and only being reprimanded for the teen sim using the item for which they were grounded from
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. happened after the September patch

adult sim grounded teen sim from phone, then teen sim can't be commanded to do any action without it being called stealthily and give a tense moodlet for breaking grounding. adult sim also autonomously reprimands teen sim for every action

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 23 (10,406 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: grounding a teen sim from phone caused them to have to do everything stealth

Hero

Parent Sims, were your Teens misbehaving? You grounded them, but they keep doing mischievous things? We have fixed an issue with Teens misbehaving stealthily while Grounded via the Phone. My parents grounded me in person, but hey, whatever works.

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (4,843 Views)

All Replies

Re: grounding a teen sim from phone caused them to have to do everything stealth

★★★ Guide
@hamiltonlb yeah I'm experiencing this right now too and it's getting very annoying. The sim being reprimanded can't even do basic needs, especially in front of their parents.
Message 2 of 23 (10,309 Views)

★ Pro

buff_Grounded_Controllers_No_Phone has no interaction tag filter (unlike other grounded controller buffs). I assume this bug only occurs if your Sim is grounded from using their phone, right?

Message 3 of 23 (10,295 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu That's what it originally said in the title but I had to adjust that cause there was no room.

I'll see if there's a way to add that info back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (10,287 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am not sure if it happens while grounding from other things as I am in the middle of a 100 baby challenge and that is something I can ground them from that doesn't normally interfere with my game play. but I will try another option next time.

Message 5 of 23 (10,261 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PH] Grounding teen (Phone) causes interactions to be stealthi

★★ Apprentice
@hamiltonlb @crinrict this is happening to me too, but with a child aged Sim. I selected the me too on the post.
Message 6 of 23 (9,960 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PH] Grounding teen (Phone) causes interactions to be stealthi

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This just happened to my teen sim too. Nothing seems to fix it and now shes very tense just because she had to do her homework stealthily... I did just get the latest update and downloaded the snowy escape pack so that might have something to do with it I guess

Message 7 of 23 (9,909 Views)

Parenthood grounding glitch

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game Packs: Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With the Parenthood stuff pack, you are able to ground children for one thing e.g phone, tv. When you go to ground a child from one thing (I did phone), for any action that sim can perform at all (even going somewhere or eating) it says ‘.... stealthily’ instead of only the thing you ground them for.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I ground my child from one thing (example: phone) any action (such as going somewhere or eating) it says ‘(action) stealthily..’ and then the child gets reprimanded every time they do something.
What do you expect to see? All actions should be normal and they should not get reprimanded. Only the thing I grounded them for should come up with ‘stealthily.’
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Unable to attach screenshots I took. 

Message 8 of 23 (9,896 Views)

Super Stealthy Kids

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs except Journey to Baatu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ground a child for misbehaving
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything comes up with the option of doing it "Stealthily" even though he's only been grounded for one thing. i.e. no phone
What do you expect to see? Only have a stealthily option if breaking the rules of being grounded. Shouldn't have to stealthily have a nap or do homework
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. most recent patch

I've noticed that children are suddenly being very stealthy about everything once they have been grounded. Even for doing homework. I don't recall this being an issue before

Message 9 of 23 (9,548 Views)

Re: Super Stealthy Kids

★★ Apprentice

I've had the same problem. It only occurred after Snowy Escape. I do have mods, and I've cleared out mods, and it still occurred.

Message 10 of 23 (9,449 Views)