Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PH] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim be free to do whatever they want and wait until they want to watch TV.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will usually choose the kids network when they don't have the childish trait.
What do you expect to see? I expect the kids network to be something the adult sims don't immediately always go to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening for a while now and I thought it was just something temporary but no, it keeps happening and I'm sick and tired of having my sims get the bored moodlet. A screenshot doesn't really seem necessary in this situation.

Message 19 of 35 (6,489 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network?

Hero

Adult Sims are less likely to autonomously watch Kids Network if Toddlers/Children/Teens aren't nearby.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 35 of 35 (5,063 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but ever since I installed the Parenthood game pack, whenever my adult/elder sims go to turn on the TV, they turn it on to the kids' channel, whether there is a child in the room or not.  I don't know why they would automatically choose to watch this channel, since it gives anyone who is not a child (or has the "childish" trait) a negative "bored" moodlet.  Before this game pack, they all seemed to have their own channel preferences (my active sim liked to watch the sports channel, etc.) and they would automatically choose that channel when they turned on the TV, but now, not so.  I haven't seen anything anywhere about this, so I don't know if this is unique to my game or if other people have seen this happen as well.  It's not a major issue, but it's annoying to have to continually micro-manage my sims' TV habits to prevent a negative moodlet all the time.

So far, the only one who seems to be capable of auto-choosing a channel that is NOT Kids Network is my teen sim, who still seems to choose whatever she wants.

I don't have any mods or custom content, just a few game and stuff packs, and one or two of the expansions.

Message 1 of 35 (7,474 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Anita_Montresor

could you please try the following troubleshooting steps

• Start a new game for testing purposes to see if you get the same issue
  • Test another family for testing purposes to see if you have the same issue
  • If you don't have it on other families, please move the affected family out and back in via household manager.

EDIT: Couldn't duplicate this in my game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 35 (7,458 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well, I've discovered a little bit more.  It only happens when sims decide autonomously to watch TV.  If you tell them to watch TV, they will choose another channel.  I haven't been able to replicate it with another family yet, but none of them have chosen to watch TV on their own yet, so I can't tell if they're affected or not.

I am planning to move the affected family to another lot, so we'll have to see if the problem follows them there or not.

Message 3 of 35 (7,423 Views)

Hero

I assume it does not matter which channel was watched last ?

My Sim choose something else autonomously although the Sim is childish.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (7,401 Views)

Hero

Forgot @Anita_Montresor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 35 (7,388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have seen this myself and wondered if it was by design with the Parenthood GP. Will troubleshoot and see if they make any difference.

The family I have noticed this with existed before Parenthood was installed, after the pack was installed the issue began.

Edit #1:

After starting a new game entirely, it would seem the Kids Network is only chosen autonomously by adults when a toddler/child is in the same room, else it would be Cooking show or a movie.

Testing continues...

Message 6 of 35 (7,372 Views)

Hero

Hi @Hroun_88 

thanks for your feedback and testing. That sounds like it could be AD.

@Anita_Montresor Does this same thing happen for you ?

What traits do your Sims have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 35 (7,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Upon returning to the original affected save file, it seems to be behaving. Sims will autonomously select either Kids Network or a movie when a child sim is in the same room. Will update if something goes awry.

Update: It would seem that things are very inconsistent. Sims will select any channel as it was before the GP being installed. I've seen them also pick Romance and World Culture when a child is present and on the sofa next to them.

Tested using auto-solve with:

- Teen and Adult sims without a child in the same room

- Teen and Adult sims with child in the same room

- Child awake and asleep in the same room (napping on sofa)

Message 8 of 35 (7,361 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict The two sims I've noticed being affected were Loves Outdoors, Cheerful, Outgoing, and Loves Outdoors, Cheerful, Creative (although the second of the two has since passed away from old age).

I feel as though they have switched to Kids' Network when the child was not in the room, but I don't remember exactly.  I'll have to do some experimentation on that front.  It's kind of hard to get the child out of the room--they live in Crick Cabana at Willow Creek, which as you probably know is a very small house on a tiny lot (which is part of the reason I want to move them to a different lot--not enough space).

Message 9 of 35 (7,336 Views)