Re: [OPEN] [PH] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network

by Onyx-Citaro

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network?

★ Guide

@Anita_Montresor wrote:

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but ever since I installed the Parenthood game pack, whenever my adult/elder sims go to turn on the TV, they turn it on to the kids' channel, whether there is a child in the room or not.  I don't know why they would automatically choose to watch this channel, since it gives anyone who is not a child (or has the "childish" trait) a negative "bored" moodlet.  Before this game pack, they all seemed to have their own channel preferences (my active sim liked to watch the sports channel, etc.) and they would automatically choose that channel when they turned on the TV, but now, not so.  I haven't seen anything anywhere about this, so I don't know if this is unique to my game or if other people have seen this happen as well.  It's not a major issue, but it's annoying to have to continually micro-manage my sims' TV habits to prevent a negative moodlet all the time.

So far, the only one who seems to be capable of auto-choosing a channel that is NOT Kids Network is my teen sim, who still seems to choose whatever she wants.

I don't have any mods or custom content, just a few game and stuff packs, and one or two of the expansions.

I've noticed this recently, and don't have any of the parenting packs you mentioned. I suspect it's related to a recent patch.

Message 31 of 35 (1,008 Views)

★ Guide

Just wanted to say "Me too"!. So the mother go to watch the TV and the channel is Kids channel, it's very funny I didn't control the sims to do so but it her own choice, after watching it, the sims got bored mood from the Kids channel. Who told you to watch Kids channel?! LOL

Message 32 of 35 (964 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I hate this issue so much. Mainly cos of how it’s my Snob Sim (the mother too) and they change it back to Kids Network after I’ve already switched it via another Sim in the house and left them. She’s even done it while her three kids are at school.

i’d love to do the door thing but my kitchen/dining/lounge is open plan with only a half-wall separating the lounge area with the only effected household. I noticed it only happens with this file at the moment, cos they’re the only ones that have had kids so far.

I just wish this would get patched out and not be an interaction anymore as the Sims always choose the normal ‘Watch’ action rather than ‘Watch with..’

However, I do feel amused at the transition from drinking Nectar to watching Kids TV. It’s the sort of thing I’d probably do myself to be honest

Message 33 of 35 (901 Views)

★★ Guide

Usually I make my sims watch the cooking channel, but sometimes I pick 'watch tv' & let them choose.  Then later I'll notice a grey buff--they're bored from watching kids' tv.  Why don't they default to something appropriate to their traits?  Or watch the news, the weather, the culture channel--why do they always choose what they hate?  They all do it, as far as I can tell.

Message 34 of 35 (880 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network?

Hero

Adult Sims are less likely to autonomously watch Kids Network if Toddlers/Children/Teens aren't nearby.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 35 (4,971 Views)