by puzzledskitty

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network

Hero

Added back 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 35 (2,316 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been an issue for me too now that my children are toddlers/children. I don't mind if the family wants to watch the children's channel together when they're idle, but it really bothers me when it cancels out the queue I have and takes priority over EVERYTHING. Sometimes my sims are doing important things or needing to satisfy a really low need but they cancel their actions to go watch TV (or play with the doll house).

I hope this gets balanced a bit in one of the next patches.

Message 22 of 35 (2,287 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I can confirm that as of the latest patch and Laundry Day, this is still a problem in my game. My Sims just had their baby age into a toddler on my current file, and now neither of them will stop watching the kids channel autonomously. Prior to his age-up, one of them would usually default to the sports channel, which made sense given that she's a bro. The other one typically defaulted to the cooking channel, I assume because she's creative and has the master chef aspiration. When it wasn't those channels, they would often turn on a movie. Now it's all kids channel all the time and they keep giving themselves that annoying bored moodlet because of it. Neither of them have the childish trait. The first one has the Bro, Loves the Outdoors, and Self-Assured traits. The other one has the Family-Oriented, Creative, and Good traits.

Message 23 of 35 (2,222 Views)

★ Guide

Happening in my current game. Adult sims autonomously watch the Kids Network - the worst part is that when that happens - all the other sims in the household stop what they are doing no matter what to go watch the Kids Network too. It is to the point that I end up removing TVs from the households. I have no idea why adults, other than those with the childish trait, would even choose to watch the Kids Network.

Message 24 of 35 (2,189 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network?

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

My sims only become obsessed with the Kids' Network after they've had a child. I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't always give them the bored moodlet.

The only way to stop this is to have no TV.

Message 25 of 35 (2,120 Views)

★ Guide

I don't have Parenthood, but my sims still do this. My sim doesn't have children, and whenever she watches tv, she usually choose to watch the kids channel. My sim has the traits Loves Outdoors, Hates Children, and Outgoing. It's weird that she wants to watch the kids channel when she hates children. 

Message 26 of 35 (2,094 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I assumed this was normal when my Sims' kid was a toddler and a child. However, the parents are still watching the Kids Channel autonomously - and getting bored - even though their kid has been a teenager for a while, now. I tend to micromanage my Sims - I do a lot of canceling interactions - so I can't yet confirm whether it's the parents doing it alone, or if it's a parent and the teen doing an autonomous "Watch Together." The parent I keep catching at this is Family-Oriented, and I think I've seen him get a "Watch Kids Channel" whim before that specifically says it's from the Family-Oriented trait.

Message 27 of 35 (2,055 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Same. Seems to only happen when the sims have a child in the family and just turn it automatically to the kids channel when present in the room or sometimes even on the lot. Could understand for toddlers maybe but my sims are getting bored to tears watching something they don't want to watch.
Message 28 of 35 (1,983 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Still happens to me, it used to just be everybody, but now it tends to be after they had kids like someone else said, but it lasts forever and they keep whining about it! Why whine to me about it when you're who turned it on, right?
Message 29 of 35 (1,937 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah. It's not something too devastating but annoying nonetheless.  I tire of being the TV police.  I just cant allow my adult sims to sit around watching the wiggles. 

Message 30 of 35 (1,930 Views)