[OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

by DavidCroft47

Original Post

Re: Game stuck on Pause, Lags & Stops when going from Build to Live Mode

★ Guide

For the last two days, I’ll have a couple minutes of smooth gameplay on Xbox then several minutes of lag, back and forth. I’ll sign our, reboot, hoping for different but always the same. Game is currently unplayable. What is happening to cause these repetitive lag periods? 

Message 221 of 265 (1,131 Views)

Re: Game stuck on Pause, Lags & Stops when going from Build to Live Mode

★★ Apprentice

Everything remains the same with new patch, the problem persists.

Message 222 of 265 (1,077 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

★★★ Apprentice

Nearly 1000 me-toos. This isn't acceptable.

Message 223 of 265 (975 Views)

★★★ Guide

Still an issue in May 2023. Massive stuttering in build mode and when returning to live mode, but it's not FPS lag. The FPS stays persistently at 40-60+ fps, it just stutters horribly (like it's only running 5-10 fps) and becomes massively slow to respond, and it only gets worse the longer I'm in build mode.

Meanwhile the CPU load never exceeds 50% on two of the cores on my R7 3800X (game is still lacking proper multi-core support, which doesn't help performance) and GPU load never exceeds 40% on my GTX 1660 ti, and the GPU even throttles down to 1100 MHz because it has nothing to do. Never seen the game use more than 5.8 GB RAM either (of my 32 GB), which for a 50+ GB game means it's not caching very much in memory.

It's obvious the problem is either the engine or the copy protection - since copy protection is great for destroying game performance, and not much else.

Message 224 of 265 (804 Views)

MAJOR lag in build mode

★★ Newbie

It's taking forever to get into and out of build mode. Trying to sell stuff from my inventory and it takes forever.

Message 225 of 265 (795 Views)

Re: MAJOR lag in build mode

Hero
@TamaraV77 I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 226 of 265 (776 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Posting another response just to give further insight into my personal issue with this bug. The low frame rates seem to occur with no rhyme or reason and work around solutions are no longer reliable as they don't always work. Work around solutions I continue to try and use are saving the game, clearing the notifications panel, entering and exiting BB mode, and restarting the game completely. It's reached a point where none of these solutions work at times. Not even restarting the game seems to work 100% of the time, I exit the game, return to the save I was in and the lag continues as if the lag is some sort of mechanic built right into the game that I can't seem to turn off. On top of all of this, the task manager suggests that Sims 4 isn't even that much of a demanding task, the game doesn't seem to use nearly as much CPU and GPU as I assume it should be using. 

Message 227 of 265 (729 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing repetitive lag as well and have been ever since the Growing together update and maybe even before that, I have quite alot of mods and cc installed but it was never this bad before with the same mods and cc, now it normally takes 3 or 4 game reloads for the lag to stop and be stable for a couple of hours, clearing the cache and repairing the game does nothing to help, saving and clearing the notifications doesn't help either so i'm in same the situation as Filipomel and probably most of the other people on this post.

Hate to say it but i'm looking forward to Life By You or even Paralives, as much as i've loved playing Sims 4 it's gotten to be a real mess of a game with all these bugs that they don't seem to care to fix.

Message 228 of 265 (714 Views)

★★ Guide
@filipomel it's insane how the esc fix used to work before the sims team released their attempt to "fix" it, which literally made it happen ALL THE TIME now!
Message 229 of 265 (615 Views)

★★ Guide

The game is LITERALLY unplayable because of this issue. We could click ESC to fix it, but even The Sims team themselves tried to fix it and instead broke the ESC trick and allow the lag to happen with anything random instead of specifically switching from build mode to live mode or vice versa. Every player experiences this at some point. Every YouTuber you watch has the lag, but nobody talks about it and acts like it's normal for a 1000$ game to LAG THIS BAD!

When is this getting fixed? With the 20th expansion pack? With the 80th kit bundle pack? Enough is enough. It's insane, you can't NOT be a Karen about this. It's been almost 4 years.

Message 230 of 265 (615 Views)