[OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

by DavidCroft47

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

★★ Guide

It's preposterous that this hasn't been fixed yet. 

This is fundamentally wrong on so many levels. People pay a lot of money to play this game in a normal manner. It's been broken for over two years now. Ridiculous. 

How do they expect us to enjoy a game, of which the foundation is clearly cracked? 

Message 201 of 265 (1,291 Views)

★ Guide

I've seen some people on Twitter commenting on this issue. Sadly, I'm already losing hope and every day I believe that it won't be fixed.

Message 202 of 265 (1,270 Views)

★ Guide

When you go into the menu with the three dots, it fixes it, but still, it's still pretty annoying...

Message 203 of 265 (1,499 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately not. There are many, many cases where pressing the "ESC" key or clicking the three dots will have no effect to fix the problem. And the same goes for opening the gallery, or opening the calendar, which also work as possible solutions.

In the video shared by a user a few pages ago, it is shown that that youtuber, James Turner, he pressed the esc key several times to try to correct the lag, but it remained. Frown

Message 204 of 265 (1,475 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing it, it also sometimes persists for close to 1 minute after exiting BB mode. 

Message 205 of 265 (1,450 Views)

★ Guide
@darrel122500 I don't think this will ever get fixed to be honest.
Message 206 of 265 (1,427 Views)

Re: Frames dropping in build and buy mode

★★★ Newbie
@JeanVW Just in case you're still having this issue... when you switch to build/buy mode, try clicking the notification button. For some reason my game immediately stops lagging in build/buy if I just open and close the notifications.
Message 207 of 265 (1,174 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok so 731 PEOPLE HAD THIS PROBLEM.

I'm going to STOP buying DLC until, they FIX it !

Oh wait, we have MORE years for the sims 4..............

This is NOT our computer, fix your game !

Message 208 of 265 (1,097 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict I'm passing by to say that I THINK the issue was finally resolved after the October 2022 update. I did a lot of testing, exiting and reentering Build Mode several times, especially on one of the Evergreen Harbor lots that constantly had this problem , and the lag when entering and exiting Build Mode no longer occurs.

It would be nice if more players came by to report their experiences.

Message 209 of 265 (1,009 Views)

★★ Guide
@SimsTime as much as I'd like it to be resolved, i still have the issue when switching from live to build and back. So no, for me the October patch didn't fix anything.
I'm starting to lose hope.
Message 210 of 265 (977 Views)