Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

by oaana

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

★★★★★ Guide

I can confirm that this happens in my game as well. Build mode seems very laggy overall right now, as you can see on some GameChangers videos.

Message 21 of 265 (3,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having a similar issue, after only a few minutes,  the game would appear to lag in build/buy mode, it would stay frozen, several moments, until I finally had to kill the program with task manager or reboot.  I was writing up my trouble shooting steps and adding my dxDiag, when my husband made a snide comment regarding my phobia about updating graphics drivers.  I reluctantly updated the drivers, and the game seems to run normally.  I maxed the game graphics settings and it still ran great for a little over an hour.  I think that did the trick.  If you are still having a problem, maybe try updating drivers.  I hope that helps. :-)

Message 22 of 265 (3,892 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Have this issue. Open build mode and the game gets stuck at 15 fps until you open menu or go back in map view.

Driver up to date.

Tried on two different pc and the problem still occurs in the same condition : open build mode lower fps to 15fps, then it carries in live mode.

Message 23 of 265 (3,870 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share your Config.log (located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) and a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your files, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 265 (3,783 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Any news about this issue?

I still can't play with ECO pack cause it's still massively stuttering in build mode.

Message 25 of 265 (3,682 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@oaana No news thus far but I feel as a console gamer I get massive lag entering into build mode and sometimes the exit is rough. Opening the menu seems to more often than not stop the lag but I don't know why.
Message 26 of 265 (3,661 Views)

Lag after entering Build Mode from Live Mode

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1220 (October 6, 2020)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Star Wars, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Laundry Day & My First Pet Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When in Live Mode, go into Build Mode. This doesn't happen every single time, but it seems to happen more often than not. (I've tested this on two separate saves, and this occurred on both.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The game starts lagging quite bad, even after leaving Build Mode.
What do you expect to see? No lag.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yas
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded and installed Realm of Magic.

I've done some testing on this, and the only workaround I've found is to go to Manage Worlds (the screen with the world on it, I think that's what it's called? I've only just started playing again.) and go back in. It's quite annoying.

UPDATE: The day after I posted this bug report, it actually sorted itself out. I am no longer experiencing this issue.

Message 27 of 265 (3,649 Views)

Build mode lag when using alt-key to place objects?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Nifty Knitting, Star Wars: Journey to Batuu, & Eco Lifestyle.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the left alt key to move objects off the grid.
What happens when the bug occurs? Build mode lags.
What do you expect to see? Build mode not lagging when I use the alt key to place objects off the grid.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi all! I've tried to crowdsource some help on other sites before remembering this forum existed.

My current problem just started happening last night for reasons I've yet to figure out. While building using the bb.moveobjects cheat, I attempted to use the left alt key to place stuff off grid like you normally would, when my game started to lag every time I would hold an object & the alt key at the same time. I've removed my mods to try & see if that was the problem, but the bug persisted then, too.

If anyone can help me figure out what I need to do to fix this, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Message 28 of 265 (3,617 Views)

Re: Build mode lag when using alt-key to place objects?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I've got this stuttering really bad now after the hotfix. Jump into build mode and the framerate immediately drops so low it's difficult to accurately place anything. Exit build mode and the stutter persists.

Jumping into the menu and out again clears it up, but the game no longer recovers the framerate by itself.

EDIT: The lag appears to be related to the size of the lot/how much stuff is on it. In the bigger houses packed full of stuff the lag is really bad, while the almost empty lots get no noticeable lag.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 29 of 265 (3,448 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

★★★★★ Novice

Having this issue constantly.

No mods or CC is being used.

Game runs 75 FPS on ultra outside of build made, in build mode it suddenly drops to 16 FPS.

The only fix is restarting the game or sometimes it goes away.

Specs of my PC:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz (6 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Message 30 of 265 (3,321 Views)