Re: Massive Lag/Slowdown when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode.

by pwcreations

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same problem on my end.
FPS drops when entering and exiting buildbuymode.

Tested with new saves, with new Sims 4 folder, without mods/cc, with deleted cachefiles.
Happens all the time. Even with a blank tray folder

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 11 of 265 (6,653 Views)

Hero
@pwcreations Yeah, there's currently a few threads (massive one in tech).

Leaving all separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 265 (6,640 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. When going from live mode to build mode the game's frame rate drops. For me it works when going from live to build mode i save the game as soon as i enter build mode. At that moment the lag is gone.

Message 13 of 265 (6,569 Views)

Hero
@StuffedKittie Could you also provide the info asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 265 (6,540 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm sorry i couldn't further test my game as i currently am very busy with college, but i remembered a detail that might help with reproducing the issue, the bug reported above can also potentially happen after having a sim snap a picture using the camera that you can buy in buy mode. 

Message 15 of 265 (6,501 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The lag does indeed occur when playing the game a little longer. I played again yesterday for a shorter time and there was no lag (I tried to uload the DxDiag but is says 'unsupported extension type')

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 16 of 265 (6,479 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

I get massive lag from entering build/ buy mode and going back to live mode. I think some saves are more noticeable then others, haven't figured out a connection as to why that is.

They only thing to "fix it" is to click the settings (...) in the upper right hand corner and then esc. It clears the lag. Same for taking photos (meaning sims taking photos with an in-game camera). The game lags after the photo is taken and clicking the settings and esc help temporarily until they take another photo. 

Message 17 of 265 (6,415 Views)

FPS drop sims 4

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Latest
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? FPS drop all the time amd ryzen 7 3800x gtx 1660
What happens when the bug occurs? FPS drops low on build and buy mode snd live mode too
What do you expect to see? Not much FPS drops
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch

FPS drop 

Message 18 of 265 (6,408 Views)

Re: FPS drop sims 4

[ Edited ]
Hero

@slashes19 Merged your post with the build mode lag thread 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 265 (6,357 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

★★ Apprentice

I hate this so much and I experience this a lot.

Message 20 of 265 (6,298 Views)