Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open buy/build mode and exit it multiple times.
What happens when the bug occurs? Massive lag/slow down/ FPS drop that does not go away until opening the menu using ESC then closing it.
What do you expect to see? No slowdown/lag
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The issue in question can be seen in this simmer's gameplay video as well  https://youtu.be/EsZONX96fao?t=418

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 4 of 265 (32,801 Views)

freezes when I am in build mode and go back to live mode

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dog, City living,Seasons, Vampires, Parenthood, Dine out,Tiny Living, Laundry, Movie
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I go from build mode to live mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything freezes and I have to force quit and am unable to save the game.
What do you expect to see? A frozen game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I go from build mode to live mode,Everything freezes and I have to force quit and am unable to save the game.

Message 1 of 265 (32,494 Views)

Re: freezes when I am in build mode and go back to live mode

Hero
@LenaDeSanti Did you test this without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 265 (32,484 Views)

★ Expert
@LenaDeSanti you can see a GCer (game changer) has a video of his gameplay doing the serious freeze/lag after build mode. And he has a very high spec computer, and had only basegame installed which playing the new pack (eco living)
Message 3 of 265 (32,443 Views)

Re: Massive Lag/Slowdown when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode.

Hero
@DavidCroft47 Could you try if it gets better when you disconnect from the internet completely ? Not just go offline but disconnect

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 265 (32,698 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello @crinrict! I have done so but to no avail.  It doesn't seem like being disconnected helps in any way, thank you for your suggestion. 

Message 6 of 265 (32,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DavidCroft47 Could you add the following info to your post:

- DxDiag
- Config.txt (found in doc)
- Is it happening on specific saves or also new ?
- Do you have lots of files in your tray folder ?

There's a similar thread here but not for build mode exiting. Do you not have issues when you travel ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-falls-to-10-fps-when-playing-longer-sessions/m-p/9191284#...

There's lots of threads on lags, especially in tech, maybe take a peak there if there's more suggestions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 265 (32,647 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Done! Added the dxdiag and config files. The issue occurs on new fresh saves as well as old saves. I do have a lot of tray files in my tray folder. The bug report you linked does also happen to me, the issue isn't exactly exclusive to buy/build mode but it's somehow aggravated by it.  I'll be keeping an eye on threads! 

Message 8 of 265 (32,635 Views)

Hero
@DavidCroft47 Thanks for all the info. Not yet sure if I'll merge.

Could you try what happens if you move tray folder to the desktop for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 265 (32,626 Views)

Hero
@LenaDeSanti Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 265 (32,417 Views)