Re: Game stuck on Pause, Lags & Stops when going from Build to Live Mode

by nualla_6109

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

★ Guide

Yes, unfortunately I just had the problem just now too.

Message 211 of 265 (1,442 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think this thread needs to be renamed to "Massive Lag/Low Frame Rates" in general because I encounter incredibly low frame rates randomly, regardless of whether I enter and exit build/buy. I will be playing my household and out of no where frame rate dips for no reason what so ever. This happens maybe 20% to 30% of the time I am playing the game, and most of the time only restarting the game will fix the issue. 

Message 212 of 265 (1,297 Views)

Game stuck on Pause, Lags & Stops when going from Build to Live Mode

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: Get To Work, GT, GF, Seasons, IL, C&D, City Living & Cottage Living. GPs: Strangerville, JA, Parenthood, DO, Spa, OR. SP: bowling, fitness, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, 1st pet, toddler, vintage glamour, backyard, moschino, Nifty Knitting. Gift: Holiday, Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use an existing save - play for some time - while in normal speed go to build mode and then return to live mode
What happens when the bug occurs? The game is placed in pause. Clicking normal speed does not remove it from pause. Sometimes it takes up to 10 - 30 seconds for the game to un-pause on its own. Other times I have to press the M key to see the map, which takes a long time to load, cancel it and return for the game to un-pause
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to run smoothly without freezes, lags and being stuck on pause
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've noticed this since I updated the game October 26, 2022. I had not updated all year, because each patch brought a new set of bugs.

There game lags when going from build to live mode whether I have mods or play without mods. I've noticed this since I updated the game in October. I had not updated all year, because each patch brought a new set of bugs. I have a fast computer i7 Intel CPU with RTX GPU, 32GB Ram and loads of hard drive space so it isn't my system.

paused.png

This screenshot is from 11/5/2022

I just purchased Cottage Living & Nifty Knitting. Moved the sims I am playing - two sims and a kitten - to the new world Henford... and during the welcome the game was in live mode normal speed and I could not click my sims to do anything they were frozen and only the NPC sims could move. The only way to get the lag to go away was to go to the world map by pressing the M key, it would take almost a minute to load and then the freezes went away. However, everytime I entered build mode and went back to live mode the game would be stuck on pause. I tested this with various saves. Then I did a save as with one save, removed my mods and still had the same problem. 

So the problem is not related to mods. After every update I always play a new or newish save that I never play with mods to test the game for issues and that save had the lag problem.

Message 213 of 265 (1,223 Views)

★ Guide

This has been an ongoing problem for me. I always blamed my computer but then I got a new one. I use to have severe FPS drops after long play sessions but the new computer doesn't do that.

Message 214 of 265 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue, 10 fps, when you stop, the game still goes or when you start, you hear the sound but its still stopped.

Sometimes it works, when you load game you have 60 fps, sometimes when you load game the fps is 10 and you cant do nothing about it.

https://files.fm/u/ycht729ju <- save file is available @ea please review

Message 215 of 265 (1,161 Views)

★ Apprentice

Im having this issue with my game! Only lag in build buy, FPS drops to 14 and otherwise is 80+ fps during live mode

Message 216 of 265 (1,067 Views)

★ Guide

It is the same when you exit Photomode and it also happens sometimes in the normal gameplay. It is well documented. I post different videos with graphics clock and FPS showing all problems here

And I have the problem longer than the close to 3 years the thread exist. I had it with nVidia graphics and the same with AMD graphics. Here are so many people counting the "Me too" , why nothing happens to fix this.

Message 217 of 265 (845 Views)

★ Guide

Years have passed, and we still haven't had a definitive resolution to this problem that destroys the gaming experience. Frown

Message 218 of 265 (685 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I still have this problems sometimes, totally out of the blue. I'm just playing in my family household and then FPS drops to 13~14.

Such an expensive game to have to face this kind of issue.

Message 219 of 265 (678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I still have this problem. I’m not gonna buy any expansion as I can’t even play the standard edition. It’s a pity that this game has been released in 2016 and still has this problem. EA doesn’t seem to care.

Message 220 of 265 (646 Views)