Re: Sims 4 pc lagging fix

by Melisendre

Original Post

Re: freezes when I am in build mode and go back to live mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I still have big issues with this.. I almost doesn’t play anymore because of this issue.. it’s so frustrating. I have tried numorous new saves.. not helping at all. And I have a good gaming laptop..

@crinrict I forgot to mention that I have all the packs.. And I have to save all the time to get rid of the lag.. (that helps!!!) but I’m very disappointed that you guys haven’t fix this yet.. many others experinces this.. I also see this alot in the comment field on facebook.. it’s been like this for months…..

Message 101 of 265 (758 Views)

Hero
@abirg13 I don't work for EA and hence have no impact on what they're fixing. (cause you tagged me, I wanted to clear that up)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 102 of 265 (766 Views)

Re: Sims 4 pc lagging fix

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MisssPancakes  A did a short test and it worked well for me. What a difference! I really hope a longer test is also successfull.

I often start a new game so my saves folder is getting bigger and bigger.

I tested the offline mode before and for me it was no difference.

Message 103 of 265 (951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@abirg13 Have you tried running the game in offline mode as I suggest above to disable the gallery?

Message 104 of 265 (933 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Okay so I might have found a possible solution or at least improvement to the issue. I found that the lag (fps drops) from Buy Mode etc. happened a lot more when I was using EA's Vsync for the Sims 4. I just disabled Vsync in my in-game settings and enabled "Fast" Vsync for the Sims 4 in my Nvidia settings (Though "On" and "Adaptive" settings might also work). 

So far I haven't had this issue resurface but from what I remember (from a time when I used adaptive nvidia vsync) it still happened from time to time. It just happened far less often. So this might not be the most permanent solution but maybe you guys can play around with your vsync settings and see if it does help. It did in my case at least. 

PS: I am not refering to general lag but I am refering specifically to this lag (low fps) bug that comes when entering and exiting Build, Buy, Camera mode etc. 

Message 105 of 265 (892 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did a few tests. I have two different game folders: one with mods and one is vanilla. I deleted the save files and activated the offline mode. In my game with mods this solution worked perfect. I was able  to play several hours without any lags. It affected not only the build&buy lag also the opening a menu lag. Playing my vanilla was horrible and made no difference. It was no fun playing with so many lags.

Then I copied the save from the vanilla game to the game with mods. It was a huge difference. I had some lags but they were not too bad and I was able to play.

The main reason I use the mcc mod is to control the townie population. Deleting the unnessesary households didn't help because the game creates instantly new ones. But I don't have the "tons of empty households" bug. The size of my saves is in normal range.

I've tried a lot of solutions but deleting the saves and controlling the townie population seems to be the best for my game. And I recognized the longer I play a game the worser the lags. When starting a new game I usually don't have lags in the beginning.

Message 106 of 265 (875 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had this FPS drop in build mode as well. I deleted UserSetting.ini file from Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 folder to reset all UI menus and map messages ( the likes of "Restaurant is now available") and started the game. No more FPS drops so far.

Message 107 of 265 (853 Views)

★★★★ Expert

As others have said, there's no easy solution.

Disabling Vsync helps, but not enough. I have a darn good PC, and it has massive lag. Most of the time it's pegged at 60fps, but in build mode, it RARELY gets above 5, which is completely untolerable.

The problem is, with all these packs, none of them are optimized for speed. They ALL cause lag in varying amounts. The best thing to do is remove some of them.

The ones that cause the most lag for me are Paranormal, ECO Lifestyles, and Bust the Dust.  I have Paranormal and Bust disabled all the time and the lag is... tolerable.

If I remove ECO, my lag goes away completely... but I REALLY like the power and water generation objects. So, I just end up having to tolerate an occasional <20 fps drop every time I go into build mode.

Message 108 of 265 (813 Views)

★ Guide

I think it's fair to say the game isn't optimized well enough to run with modern hardware or able to carry the weight of so many packs. I can't understand why people say this game needs to get more new stuff and go for years. It's on it's last leg. 

Message 109 of 265 (803 Views)

★★★ Guide

Is definitely is an issue, but I solve it everytime by just clicking Game Options then out again, I have software that monitors my frame rate, and I can see it works. But there is a Workaround. But if you say that doesn't work your PC might be too slow.

Message 110 of 265 (792 Views)