Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

by jasonbrok47

Original Post

Re: The game still slows down to 14 fps when entering build mode

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It blows my mind they still haven't addressed this issue yet, it was reported and heavily discussed over a year ago.

This lag bug is currently affecting all 3 sims players in my household, all on different PCs, 2 of which are brand new high end machines, i don't understand how the devs haven't run into it and put a load of resources into solving it, especially when game-changers like plumbella are getting the bug in their videos.

The fact that the bug can often be temporarily solved by opening the notification menu or esc menu is a huge clue for whoever is fixing this thing, please for the love of god fix this already.

Message 71 of 265 (1,366 Views)

Re: The game still slows down to 14 fps when entering build mode

★★ Guide
@Gummingtons I know, it baffles me too. They keep bringing out new packs, new additions, but they are not looking at the core engine. The game is unplayable at this state. And well known Simmers like Plumbella, Pixelade, etc. are having the issue, so it's not just ''us''.
Message 72 of 265 (1,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

If this doesn't get prioritized then it's most likely going to get worse. Combine this with the simulation lag and the jumpy animation/teleport issue and this game is slowly becoming unplayable.

Message 73 of 265 (1,584 Views)

Re: FPS drop to 14 fps in buy/build mode

★ Novice

I have the exact same Issue since the game is out -.- Crazy that they dont fix it and yes spamming alt enter fixes it or entering the Menu end getting back in game fixes it also but i have no idea why its happening?? And is EA even trying to fix this?

Message 74 of 265 (1,548 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I thought that this was caused by being connected to the internet however, the lag still happens even if you play the game offline. EA should prioritize and focus on this issue as the number of players who are experiencing this issue, is rising update by update. 

Message 75 of 265 (1,490 Views)

★ Guide

Still waiting for Simulation Lag, sudden in-game lag for no reason until you press esc button, and all the other glitches to be fixed... but the updates are just making things even worse.

Message 76 of 265 (1,484 Views)

★ Guide

This is back with the new pack. For me anyway. Esc fixes it, but it's still pretty annoying, and definitely not a specs issue. 

Message 77 of 265 (1,419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Have the same issue entering/exiting construction mode big loss of fps and indeed the "open option solution' seems to work . 

Today I changed 2 things and so far the problem is gone ( hopefully it is not a one time ;p ) 

first thing : in the origin launcher, next to "play" you have a little wheel click on it go to game propreties , "general" and uncheck the origin overlay     ( my game is not in english but I thing the translation is more or less ok ) 

2nd thing is that I launch the game not from origin but with the exe file "the sims 4 / geme / bin TS4_x64.exe ( i right click and launch as administrator. 

I still have the initial fps drop but only for a few seconds and afterwards my fps are back to normal . 

Hope this helps 

Message 78 of 265 (1,379 Views)

★★ Guide

The lag is now also apparent when panning across my home lot.

It's in Henford on Bagley, all the other places work just fine (well until the FPS loss comes).

Message 79 of 265 (1,228 Views)

★ Guide

It's pretty crazy to think that it's been more than 1 year, and this problem hasn't been resolved yet. Whenever I enter Build Mode, there is a sudden drop in FPS.

The FPS just goes back to normal if I press the ESC key and the game options menu appears. But there have been cases in which not even pressing this key the frames returned to normal.

I've noticed that this issue happens MUCH more often in Evergreen Harbor and the worlds that came after this expansion.

MY SPECS:

Ryzen 5 3600
32GB DDR4 3000 MHZ
SSD NVME 1TB
Geforce 1050 2GB (it's the only peripheral I'm going to switch soon to a Geforce 3080).

This is a new computer, I bought it in March 2021. On my old computer, with much lower settings, this problem of dropping frames when entering Build Mode also occurred.

Message 80 of 265 (1,216 Views)