Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

by adduapina

Original Post

★★★ Guide

My game froze totally after entering build mode. I tried everything,  but to no avail - had to reboot my laptop.

On mac, 1.71.86.1220,  all  released content installed except JtB, no mods/cc.

Message 41 of 265 (2,134 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm still having issue with this bug. It seems like during the swap between build and live mode, the GPU scheduler has given up the priority to other application (I do notice the % usage has changed on the monitoring tool). The game seems to be normal again if I press ESC to open a menu and then come back up (it's like the GPU resource is allocating back to the game again).

Hope this helps.

Message 42 of 265 (2,018 Views)

★ Guide

Do you think the lag during the livestream came from this bug? It sure looked like it. 

Message 43 of 265 (1,899 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I particularly tend to have this problem after a timed event starts, and it noticeably lags both live mode and significantly more so build/buy. Restarting the game helps, but timed events seem to be the trigger for me.

Message 44 of 265 (1,880 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, this is what happens when you spend 7 years piling assets on top of buggy, unoptimized code. 

This lag has been part of the gameplay experience for me for the past couple years and the only way it ever goes away temporarily is if I save the game. I'm up to saving every 10 mins or so at this point just to play. Fresh install on a high-end PC with no mods.

Message 45 of 265 (1,845 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello. Same here and the new pack interior decorator i cant play. My sims needs take picture (lag, lag) and enter in building mode (lag and lag and fps drop a lot). I have this problem for a long time. 

Message 46 of 265 (1,764 Views)

★★ Guide

I have started to see this lately. I think it started after I bought a few more packs and expansions, because I did not have this problem before. It happens both with and without mods or cc, no difference, and even with an empty tray. No difference when connected or offline. No difference between new game save or old save. No differences when playing different households, it happens even if there is only a one room house and a single sim. I have a very good gaming pc that can flawlessly run very demanding games. I get the lag when I enter build mode, opening the game menu fixes it. Also when I go back to live mode from build mode, opening the inventory or the game menu fixes it. Rest of the time the game runs smoothly without issues.

Message 47 of 265 (1,718 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Incredibly Low FPS when connected to Internet

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have perfect FPS, playing at 4k ultra on all settings, game runs great....until I open the 'Build/Buy' menu, then its a slogfest until I restart the game....bit annoying...its put me off buying stuff for my apartment lols.

Message 48 of 265 (1,681 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Incredibly Low FPS when connected to Internet

★★★★ Expert

@mvinc006  There is a bug report for that, if you want it fixed please click Me Too an post in the thread:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PC-MAC-Massive-Lag-when-entering-and-exiting-BuyBuild-Mod...

Message 49 of 265 (1,673 Views)

[DHD] Dream Home Decorator laggy build/buy mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.215.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu and the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? Build and buy mode is incredibly laggy, it jitters and glitches.
What do you expect to see? A smoothly working build and buy mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I cannot remember if this came into effect since the most recent patch (June 2021) or with me installing Dream Home Decorator. Now, whenever I enter build and buy mode it is so incredibly laggy, jittery, and glitchy that it significantly impedes gameplay. It is even worse when doing a decorating gig, it is completely unusable.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 50 of 265 (1,682 Views)