Re: [OPEN] [PC/MAC] Massive Lag when entering and exiting BuyBuild Mode

by Sketch793

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Having this problem too. My take on it was that because I own so many packs the game was struggling to load thumbnails for all the items. And since going into build mode always starts by showing ALL item categories there's no way around it.

Supporting this is the fact that when I go into build mode from a retail or vet clinic lot the lag is far less, because those lot types auto bring you to their own item category with far fewer thumbnails to load.

Just my two cents, I have a decent computer but lag and crashes are becoming more common.

Message 31 of 265 (2,258 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem!!!! please fix this soon!! it is unplayable!!! 

Message 32 of 265 (2,108 Views)

★ Guide

Is there no Me too button for this? Cause it happens for me too and it also happens in camera mode. 

This bug is really prominent, here is another video that shows it (there are more recent ones too but I was too lazy to search)

Plumbella: Bug visible at minute 4:48 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5EQeWBHawk&t=288s (You can tell that this is the bug and not actual lag because as soon as she opens her notifications tab it fixes itself)

maybe someone wants to add that it happens when taking a picture as well. The choppiness happens right after exiting "picture mode"

Message 33 of 265 (2,080 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] Severe FPS loss (Lagging) when entering/exiting Build Mode

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having lag issues when I go into build mode from live mode. Hitting save works for me but then I have to do it again when I go back into live mode. It's frustrating. I am using a gaming PC, I have every pack in the game and don't use mods. 

Message 34 of 265 (2,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I’m having the exact same problem.

Message 35 of 265 (2,066 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah ok thank you!

Message 36 of 265 (2,048 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having lag issues when I go into build mode from live mode. Hitting save works for me but then I have to do it again when I go back into live mode. It's frustrating. I am using a gaming PC, I have every pack in the game and don't use mods. 

Message 37 of 265 (2,045 Views)

★ Guide

Had this issue for years now. Only work around is to press ESC or to open the menu and close it. Usually works, not always. Lag leaves after a while. Never was fixed.

Message 38 of 265 (1,996 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I always experience major lag when entering Build/Buy for the first time. I've seen it pointed out by a modder that in earlier versions of the game the catalogue used to default to the COMFORT tab but it now defaults to the ALL tab so they game is having to access and load a lot more items before it is ready to use.

I don't seem to have any real issues exiting Build/Buy though or re-entering it once I've been into it at least once.

Message 39 of 265 (1,941 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@SimmerGeorge You've probably already done a Me Too for this thread if you don't have a button for it. The button disappears to stop people from using it more than once.
Message 40 of 265 (1,913 Views)