by Sozki

Original Post

[OPEN] Other sims use locked laptop

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, all Game packs, Stuff packs: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry day, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a laptop and live in a dorm. Place your laptop on table and lock it so only your sim is allowed to use it. Leave the lot and when you come back someone is using your locked laptop.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sometimes when coming back to the dorm where your laptop is, someone is playing with it even when it's locked to be used only by you.
What do you expect to see? Locked laptop being just that: locked laptop. No one should be able to use the locked laptop than the allowed sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. installed Discover University

It's not a big bug, but it is a little annoying that the locking system isn't working when you are out of lot. Other sims leave the laptop alone when my sim is around but if I leave the lot to travel to another, when I come back there is someone usually sitting and using my laptop which is still locked from anyone else than me.

Message 1 of 22 (7,777 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Other sims use locked laptop

★★★★★ Novice

A game changer warned about this issue but cannot recall which one. Someone with quite a few subs though.  It is an issue and it’s across the board 

Message 2 of 22 (7,674 Views)

Sims use locked computer

★★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have active sim lock their computer so only they can use it. Leave the computer where other sims can get to it. Wait for the autonomy to make the other sims use the computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite the computer being locked, other sims are able to use it.
What do you expect to see? I expect a locked computer to not be usable by anyone but the sim who is allowed to use it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim in the dorms left her laptop in her room and went to class. When she got back the entire dorm was gathered around her computer while one guy was playing games on it.

Not only is that incredibly rude, it also means that locking the computer isn't working.

NB: I know someone else made a thread about this the other day, but it doesn't show up in the search.

Message 3 of 22 (7,664 Views)

Re: Sims use locked computer

Hero
@TheSteelRodent I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (7,654 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Other sims use locked laptop

★ Guide

This isn't so much a bug but more a function of how the game positions Sims behind the loading screens. The locking systems are still working on laptops as once the lot completely loads the Sim using the laptop illegally will get up and move away.

Message 5 of 22 (7,607 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Other sims use locked laptop

★★ Guide

I'm seeing this happen with desktop computers on a residential lot. The lot has a total of four desktops and one laptop; two of the desktops are each locked to a (different) specific sim in the household. On loading the lot, it's just as likely that another member of the household is using a computer that they aren't authorized to use as it is for them to be using a computer locked to the general household. They don't appear to just be sitting there, as they have a computer-related action queued up, like browsing kid-friendly websites. (The laptop is kept in a sim's inventory when not in use, which is a pretty effective way to keep anyone else from using it!) 

The household also has a butler; so far, I haven't caught the butler at any of the computers when the lot is loaded, so it looks like the locks are working in that regard at least. 

I don't have Discover University, so it looks like the issue is not exclusive to the pack.

Message 6 of 22 (7,555 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Other sims use locked laptop

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a household of four sims and have their computer locked so that they are not using it when I do not explicitly want them to be. But I've found that every single time that I start my game (without fail), one of them is on the computer. If I cancel out of the interaction and try to have him use it again, it will correctly show that he is not allowed to use it, but he will remain on it until then.

Interestingly, I have the room the computer is in locked so that only one of the four sims can get into it, and that does seem to be working. He is the only one that I have ever caught on the computer when I load into the lot.

Message 7 of 22 (7,515 Views)

Sims use locked computers

★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get To Work, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Realm of Magic and Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a computer which is locked for all household members except one and travel with one or more sims from your household.
What happens when the bug occurs? If you travel with a sim and you come back to your home lot, some sims will use computers which they normally can't use because they're locked out of them, but they can use them though until you stop them from doing it. It does not occur if you travel with all of your sims in your household.
What do you expect to see? If I travel with a sim and I get back, the other sims who are at the computer should be on their right computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know if this bug is already known, but...

I have an 8-sim-household and I made one computer for one sim, the respective others are locked out of them. But if you travel with a sim from your household and you come back to your household, the other sims will use computers from which they are locked out. Is this just for my game or is this a known bug?

Message 8 of 22 (7,498 Views)

Re: Sims use locked computers

Hero
@Zack4358 Merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (7,484 Views)

Re: Sims use locked computers

★★★★ Guide

Its still happening but with visitors NPC while with according NPC. The locked computer/laptop should always preveal on the action plan. This is slightly annoying. I also had my own teenager even with freewill remove, quiting her action to play with the laptop while been blocked to use the laptop. I swear this update broked more things than fixed things up...

Message 10 of 22 (6,688 Views)