Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Other sims use locked laptop

by Oougas

Original Post

Re: Sims use locked computers

★★★ Apprentice

Still happening months later. LMAO this is so ridiculous. 

Message 11 of 22 (1,201 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Other sims use locked laptop

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4. As soon as you load a lot, there will be a sim on the computer that is locked. Sims able to use locked computers on game/lot load happens on any computer in my game, not just Laptops.

Message 12 of 22 (1,187 Views)

★★ Apprentice

On top of this, the laptop I have is in my Sim's dorm room, which is a private room,, and one of the other NPC Sims (not even a student) will be in the room and using my supposedly locked laptop. i have taken to putting the laptop in my Sim's inventory if I even leave the room for class or food. When i tried to get the stranger to stop using my laptop, the stranger NPC got angry at me and I got the negative reaction moodlets for it.

Message 13 of 22 (1,166 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Other sims use locked laptop

★★ Apprentice

In my case, the illegal NPC did not stop using my Sim's laptop until i confronted her. Then she got upset and my Sim got negative moodlets for it. It wasn't even a University student or professor. It was someone random (i.e. like Moira Fryes or Nancy Landgrab, though I don't recall exactly who it was now).

Message 14 of 22 (1,170 Views)

"Computer Security Settings" does not honored upon loading a game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let's start with easy way. 1. Place a desk, chair, and a computer. 2. Do step 1 again. Now you have 2 desks. 3. Move a household to this lot. (at least 2 sims required) 4. Lock computer A ownership for A, and computer B for B only. 5. Save your game and close. 6. Reopen your game and load the household.
What happens when the bug occurs? You shall witness sim B is using A's computer, and A is using B's. In short, computer security settings are not honored at all while loading a game.
What do you expect to see? B shouldn't touch A, and A shouldn't touch B's.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is very easy to witness if you play sims enough and play many households rotationally.

Message 15 of 22 (1,124 Views)

★ Novice

Still an issue; I find my sim's children in each other's rooms using each other's computers constantly.

Message 16 of 22 (993 Views)

★ Guide

Still having this bug, but only in the Snowy Escape map, no other maps. On that map, it's not just laptops, it all computers.

Message 17 of 22 (943 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is still happening to me.  I don't know want certain sims in my household using a computer, so I lock it specifically for them, but they still can use it.

Message 18 of 22 (813 Views)

★★ Guide

This just started happening to me after the January 31st update. It's not just laptops, but all computers. The locks will work until a sim leaves the lot. When they come back, it'll correctly say it's locked for only that person, but other people in the household or sims invited over will use them.

When I unlock it then relock it, it works again. So for some reason, leaving the lot is making the locks not work, despite saying it's locked.

Message 19 of 22 (563 Views)

★ Guide

So I've always seen sims using a locked computer after a loading screen, but lately, sims who are supposed to be locked out will just sit down and use a computer.  My own, controlled sims can't use a computer that they're locked out of, but NPC visitors just ignore the lock.

Message 20 of 22 (539 Views)