[OPEN] Origin is hosting Gallery under old ID

by LuvMySimz

Original Post

Re: Origin ID and Gallery Name are not the same

★ Pro

There isn‘t much you can do but wait until EA/Origin finally decide to fix this over years ongoing issue.

Message 61 of 114 (1,272 Views)

EA ID Won't Change on Gallery

★★★ Apprentice
So, I changed my EA ID before from Paleplant to Honeytraits and everything went well. Then I decided I wanted to change it back to Paleplant but it never changed on the gallery. I tried changing it to Dreamingtrait just so see if it had something to do with the fact I had used Paleplant in the past but it's still Honeytraits. Is there anyway to fix this?
Message 62 of 114 (1,257 Views)

Re: EA ID Won't Change on Gallery

Hero
@angelictrait Merged your post with the existing bug report on this.

For some, it fixes itself after a while, for others never.

Don't think there's anything you can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 114 (1,226 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.24 (April 7th, 2020)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change your EA username ~3 years ago, and upload content to the gallery. 

What happens when the bug occurs? My old username is displayed. My gallery on my side of the internet displays no content.

I cannot search anything under my current name if I upload anything. (it actually goes to some rando with no connection to the name)

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes. This continuously happened before I used Custom Content.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I feel excluded from the gallery because nothing is attached to my username. I changed it years ago.

Message 64 of 114 (1,303 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It happens to me too. I changed my Origin ID about a year ago, and I've never uploaded anything to the gallery. Today me first ever upload happened under my old username. My profile page on the gallery shows my current Origin ID, but my first ever and only upload shows under old one. It's been a year since ID change and I've never uploaded anything under old ID. This is really sad.

Message 65 of 114 (1,258 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Origin is hosting Gallery under old ID

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is my bug too.

I changed my Origin name for Anthem as "HechiceraSim" was a very odd player name for the game. My gallery switched to that name. Fine so far. I even uninstalled the Sims. No mods at any time.

No longer playing Anthem, I rebuilt my computer just now, and reinstalled the Sims. I switched my handle back to the one I used for Sims. So new, fresh install, no cache to clear, and no mods. My gallery on my computer shows as my Sim handle. But the gallery items which changed to my Anthem name, never changed back. New uploads seem bugged. They show as sim name when I upload them, but look like Anthem name online. Regardless of which name I look at, only half my uploads show as even being there. (HechiceraSim - Sim name , RiotusMaximus - handle used in Anthem).

It is pretty bugged. I'm not a big contributor, but if this info helps find the bug then good.

Message 66 of 114 (1,210 Views)

Ask q

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Whatever the newest version is as of 6/24/2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upload something to the Gallery, change your origin id username, and try and upload a new item to the gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? The new item will upload under your old id name.
What do you expect to see? My new creations uploaded under my new gallery id name.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The most recent 3 were uploaded with my new id but still have my old id name. It’s been over a week since I changed my name. 

Message 67 of 114 (1,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi. My Gallery ID has been showing my old Gallery ID for a few months now and I'm wondering if there's a way to fix this. 

Message 68 of 114 (1,142 Views)

Sims 4 Gallery name broken (showing multiple names)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the packs except: snowy escape, journey to batuu, moschino, nifty knitting and paranormal.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Search the EA Account ID 'aleachii' in the sims 4 gallery. It will come up with my gallery, which should be called 'poriumG'.
What happens when the bug occurs? My gallery is showing both of the names 'aleachii' and 'poriumG' on the same gallery page for different things. My uploads are created 'By: aleachii' and all of my comments appear as being published by 'poriumG'. It should just be 'poriumG' - which is my origin/EA ID. Even though the name 'poriumG' appears on my gallery, when you click on it, it directs you to my gallery having the name 'aleachii'. It also doesnt appear if you search by EA account ID in the gallery search.
What do you expect to see? Every account name label on my sims 4 gallery should be 'poriumG' - this is my origin/EA ID.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is super confusing to others on my gallery, as it looks like another account is replying to comments and you can't search for my gallery with my actual EA ID. I tried to get help for this before, but nothing got resolved - it's been like this since 2019 now.

Message 69 of 114 (1,093 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gallery name broken (showing multiple names)

Hero
@poriumG Did you change the name from aleachii to poriumG at some point or was that never a user name you used ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 114 (1,056 Views)