[OPEN] Origin is hosting Gallery under old ID

by LuvMySimz

Original Post

I updated my EA username, but it did not update in Gallery

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.94.147.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change ea username, and gallery will not update
What happens when the bug occurs? the gallery will not update
What do you expect to see? I expect for my EAID and Gallery ID to match in the sims4
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't even know if I'm putting this in the right place. I changed my EA id today to TheSimWitch, but my sims gallery id is still the same. How can I change this? It's making it impossible to search my builds, saying neither exists. 

This has nothing to do with the game itself and everything to do with the desktop gallery

Message 101 of 114 (712 Views)

Re: Changed my EA name, but it won't update on Sims 4 Gallery

★★ Novice

@TheSimWitch Unfortunately, it's an old issue that EA doesn't seem bothered to fix. There is really not a good solution. I have a YT channel, and I just note on all videos what my EA ID is (DaisyDreams1). I also direct them to use my hashtag as well #daisydreaming which is the name of my channel and the name I would prefer.

The best I can suggest is to tell people to search for your EA ID by using the pulldown in search options. Tell them to click to follow you so that it alerts them when you post new builds/households.

So sorry you're also experiencing this - it stinks.

Best,

DaisyDreaming
Message 102 of 114 (652 Views)

Re: Gallery ID wrong

★★★★★ Novice

hey cameron, did you get it fix? i have the SAME problem and NOBODY helps. i tried contact with ea brazil by email and they just ignored and now im trying the us. its frustrating cause we spend so much money on their games and they just care about helping us. i have and youtube channel where i post my buildings and my user being wrong really gets in the way

Message 103 of 114 (643 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Origin is hosting Gallery under old ID

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Been having this issue for over a year now. My name was set as "TheCakeMachine" and then I got hacked and it was changed to "Evazidkih" which caused my uploads to have their name changed, I got the account back, the name was changed back to "TheCakeMachine" but still over a year later my gallery uploads are being listed under "Evazidkih." It's honestly even more frustrating because the name WAS CHANGED from the original at some point, but now I can't change it back????????

Message 104 of 114 (616 Views)

GalleryID does not match with EA Account ID

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm having issues with my game, basically the EA account ID doesn't match what's in the sims 4 gallery. I've contacted EA several times about the issue they say there's nothing wrong but clearly it is wrong. I can't find the creations I make with my current EA UserID. All are being saved with my old UserID.

For example my current EA account name is: FRNathan13
My old EA account name was: Nathan_TSM0202

In The Sims 4 guys it keeps showing old name, this is annoying I can't share anything with anyone.

I don't know what to do anymore. I just can't seem to use the gallery that way. Even the comments I make on other simmers' creations appear with the old name, that's ridiculous.

See the screenshots to see the issue happening. I've seen that a lot of people are also having this problem, what remains is to file a lawsuit for EA to fix this problem?

I cannot search by my atual EA account ID in web gallery: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&...

Neither i cannot search by actual display name that show on TS4 Game: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&...

Screenshot_131.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshot_132.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 105 of 114 (652 Views)

Re: GalleryID does not match with EA Account ID

Hero
@frnathan13 It's a longstanding issue. I merged your post with the bug report on it.

Best to also click me too on the first page although at this point, I'm not sure it will make much of a difference :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 106 of 114 (594 Views)

Re: GalleryID does not match with EA Account ID

★★ Apprentice

I hope this get fixed 😪 its since i had bought my sims 4 base game. And i cannot publish anything in gallery

Message 107 of 114 (566 Views)

Re: Changed Origin ID but gallery saves are still saving under previous ID

★★★★★ Novice
@Erocalis hey, so you basically changed your name to the old one (that one that showed up when you'd save the lot) and then changed back to the one you wanted and it solved your problem?
Message 108 of 114 (540 Views)

I changed my EA id, but the gallery still shows my old id.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, get together, romantic garden, parenthood, desert lux, seasons, cats and dogs, city living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change your EA account id and see if your gallery id gets updated?
What happens when the bug occurs? The gallery id still shows the old id and any new lots that get published, get published under the old name. Clicking on the old name takes you to the account page with new name.,
What do you expect to see? The gallery id should be updated to match the EA id.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I changed my EA id a few weeks ago, but he gallery still shows my old id. Any new lots I publish show my old id, even though the 

account catalogue shows my new id on top (See attachment, The ids on the image should match.)

I already tried deleting my cache files, deleting EA App cache, uninstalling EA App, clean booting my machine, reinstalling EA App, and running it as an administrator.

Message 109 of 114 (482 Views)

Re: I changed my EA id, but the gallery still shows my old id.

★★★ Guide

I know I've posted in this thread a handful of times already, about it going back to my previous name, but:

this week, my gallery name (and library name when I save lots from the world) has for some reason gone back to a name I haven't used on the account for over 4 years lmao

Message 110 of 114 (332 Views)