Re: Origin ID and Gallery Name are not the same

by LuvMySimz

Original Post

Origin ID and Gallery Name are not the same

★★★ Novice

Hi!

When I first started playing The Sims 4, my origin ID was lukesmommy310. I recently started building some really cool houses and uploading them to YouTube, so I tried to change my origin name to simplysimmer19 to match my YouTube name, as I didn't really want people looking up my profile to see "lukesmommy310" anymore.

My player name in the gallery is now showing as SimplySimmer19, but my uploads to the gallery are still showing as lukesmommy310.

I've tried starting a new save file and repairing the game, but I can't get it to start showing.

How can I fix this?

Thank you!
SimplySimmer19 Standard smile

P.S. picture for reference if I didn't make it clear enough in my description.

Message 51 of 114 (885 Views)

Hero
@simplysimmer19 I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Do new uploads also still show under the old name ? It might take a moment although for some it doesn't' seem to work at all.

Maybe you find some tips in this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 114 (873 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict Unfortunately not. I tried to do another upload and it's still showing under the old name.

Message 53 of 114 (869 Views)

Hero
@simplysimmer19 How long ago did you change the name ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 114 (1,068 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict  I changed it back in July, so it's been quite a while now.

Message 55 of 114 (1,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I had this issue too when I changed my name 4 years ago? It took a while for new uploads to finally show the new name ID, but old creations/lot uploads, before the name change, still have my old name ID. I mentioned this several times here on page 2 july 2017, but nothing has changed up to this day. It looks like we either have to live with this or delete the lots and rebuild from scratch which I doubt would be a very good solution. Hopefully one day this issue will be addressed.

Message 56 of 114 (1,059 Views)

Hero
@LuvMySimz This is the thread you originally made. Still using this for the problem

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 114 (1,056 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

@crinrict Awesome yes I know, I  just want to update that I‘m still having this issue even after sooo long Wink

Message 58 of 114 (1,046 Views)

★ Novice

This is happening to me too. I had the name I currently have originally, but changed it with a bunch of friends while playing Apex. 

Now everything I load to the gallery shows the name I had before, and I changed it back a few days ago. If I look in my own library, it shows my current name under creator. If I look at my gallery uploads, it shows the other name. It's really frustrating that I purposely fixed my name before I started using the gallery, and it's showing the other name.

I tried the cache clear. I wiped the entire game from my PC. Built a tiny house last night, uploaded it... still says the other name. 

How has this been an issue for 3 years?

Message 59 of 114 (1,003 Views)

★ Novice

Created a new Origin account for the name I used to have, with hopes that it would "force" my account to fix itself... it didn't fix it.

I've done all of the steps again as well, deleted all of my save files, made new ones, and brand new builds in brand new save files still show my old name.

If you search my old name in the gallery, it diverts you to my current one. Builds show my current ID from my library, but in the gallery they show the old one. 

Can someone please help? It's so confusing to point people to my gallery and have it look like I either re-posted someone else's work, or that everything I do is under another name. 

Message 60 of 114 (978 Views)