why is my old account id still showing in the gallery

by KnightKirkyBoy

Original Post

Re: Why my gallery's name doesn't change?

Hero
@ANANANANANANANAZ I really don't know then.

I've forwarded this so there's nothing more I can do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 114 (1,386 Views)

Gallery Upload Username different from actual username

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I used to have two Origin accounts, my current one (duisarcus) and my other one (marvelous_sea). A while back, I was able to get the stuff on marvelous_sea moved over to duisarcus, since I had games bought on both accounts and I wanted to merge everything together into a single account. After that, I noticed a strange issue in the sims 4 gallery - when I upload, my username is duisarcus but all of my gallery uploads are under the name marvelous_sea. 

3954367d81ba609db675b453a192e146.png

I would like to either get it fixed, or figure out how I can fix it so it posts under my actual username (duisarcus). Does anyone have any tips or info? 

Message 42 of 114 (1,384 Views)

Re: Gallery Upload Username different from actual username

Hero
@Duisarcus It's a known issue but it seems random.

Do your new uploads show under the correct name ? I merged your thread with existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 114 (1,363 Views)

Re: Gallery Upload Username different from actual username

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict Unfortunately no Frown The most recent upload to my gallery (Alxi) was put up there less than an hour before I posted my question, and she uploaded under marvelous_sea too. 

Message 44 of 114 (1,350 Views)

Saving a lot to the library displays the old Origin ID

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change your origin ID and try to save a lot that you placed through your library before the name change?
What happens when the bug occurs? My old Origin ID shows up in the library and gallery
What do you expect to see? New Origin ID showing up in the library and gallery
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have changed my Origin ID today and tried saving a lot that I have built myself over the past few days to the library, so I can upload it to the gallery, but it always shows my old Origin ID when I try to save it. Saving other lots shows my new ID as intended, but for this one lot it just doesn't and I'm expecting this happens because I saved it to my library before the name change when I moved it to a bigger lot. The creations that I saved before the name change are also showing my old ID. Saving it, placing it on a new lot, deleting it from my library and saving it again doesn't update the Origin ID. The whole reason for changing my ID was to start uploading on the gallery, especially this lot, so this is really disappointing.

Message 45 of 114 (1,341 Views)

Changed ID but still seeing old ID when searching sims gallery

★ Novice

So I changed my Origin ID but when I upload to sims 4 gallery it shows the old ID.  Is there a reason or a way to make it use the correct ID?

Message 46 of 114 (1,034 Views)

Re: Changed ID but still seeing old ID when searching sims gallery

★★★ Apprentice
@GhstEagle556 Did you try restarting your game? Whenever I change my picture I have to do that and I also did when I changed my Origin ID.
Message 47 of 114 (1,000 Views)

Re: Changed ID but still seeing old ID when searching sims gallery

★ Novice
@angelictrait Yes I have restarted several times. Everywhere else that I use the ID it is correct just not when looking up uploads in gallery
Message 48 of 114 (982 Views)
Highlighted

why is my old account id still showing in the gallery

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats And Dogs Expansion Pack, Tiny Living Stuff Pack And Realm Of Magic Game Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No Idea Whatsoever
What happens when the bug occurs? In the gallery on builds I've made it says they were built ThatSimality which was my old account id
What do you expect to see? I don't know if you'll see or not
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I changed my account id from KnightKirkyBoy to ThatSimality and I didn't like the id so i changed it back to KnightKirkyBoy but my gallery builds still say ThatSimality above them and in the description. Please Help!

Message 49 of 114 (1,245 Views)

Re: why is my old account id still showing in the gallery

Hero
@KnightKirkyBoy Merged with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 114 (1,212 Views)