Why my gallery's name doesn't change?

by ANANANANANANANAZ

Original Post

Re: New and old username on Sims 4 gallery

Hero
Hi @bwagner_95

I merged your post with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 114 (1,736 Views)

Why my gallery's name doesn't change?

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, everyone! Recently I've stumbled upon an issue regarding the gallery name. When I first bought The Sims 4 (August 2018), I've registered as RosebudViper, after few months I've changed it to BlairHartley1 but I almost instantly regret it, so I got back to my old user name. The issue is that everywhere I have RosebudViper (here, on the Origin, on my gallery page) except for my gallery creations, which are still BlairHartley1 (even those first ones I've made when I got the game and RosebudViper was my username). Even when I try to find myself in the search bar on the gallery nothing comes up, my newest creations are not registered as Rosebud but Blair... I don't know what to do, I tried changing it back and forth, I logged off all the Origin/EA accounts etc. 

Please, help! Thank you in advance 😊

Message 32 of 114 (1,792 Views)

Re: Why my gallery's name doesn't change?

Hero

Hi @ANANANANANANANAZ 

there's a known issue where old creations still show up under the old name but new ones after the name change should always have the new name. 

Could you try deleting all your cache files (Sims and Origin)

https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html

https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 114 (1,763 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response and I'm sorry I'm replying so late. 

I tried everything you proposed but still it's an issue. Everywhere on the Gallery I have my Rosebud username, except for creations (all of them) Frown I don't know what to do with this error. I even deleted my TS4 folder in documents (I play on Mac) and started the completely new game... 

Message 34 of 114 (1,724 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @ANANANANANANANAZ 

Can you upload another now to see if it still shows under the wrong name ?

I'm merging this with the existing bug report although yours seems a bit different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 114 (1,706 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hi, I've recently made "Tiki Bar & Pool" so you can check it out. I see it as "Blairhartley1" still Frown
Message 36 of 114 (1,644 Views)

Hero
@ANANANANANANANAZ Unfortunately, don't know what's going on as it usually auto-resolves

You did already try changing it to somehting else and back, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 114 (1,641 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, I've changed it back and forth multiple times. I logged out of all my accounts, I reinstalled Origin but still problem occurs. It might be a bug or sth

Message 38 of 114 (1,619 Views)

Hero
@ANANANANANANANAZ It's really weird. DId you ever try a completely different name too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 114 (1,616 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, different names were also put but the Gallery name remained unchanged.
Message 40 of 114 (1,585 Views)