Re: Origin is hosting my Gallery uploads under two different IDs old & new

by fons_garmo

Original Post

Origin is hosting my Gallery uploads under two different IDs old & new

★ Pro

I have recently noticed a problem with my uploaded files in my Origin Gallery. Some saved lots and Sims still show my old ID name in the trayitem file and some are my current. Why is that and how can I change that? Also in Sims4TrayImporter it shows my files with two names, but I only have ONE ID.

And before someone says that it takes a while for changes to take effect, I changed my ID a looong time ago.

Since two days I'm trying to get in touch with help center live chat, but no response no matter how long I wait Frown Can someone please help me on this? Thanks a bunch!

Message 10 of 114 (1,840 Views)

Hi @LuvMySimz,

I merged your post in this thread. This is a know issue, please read suggestions from @crinrict and @Phantomlover1717 to know more about it Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 11 of 114 (1,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@fons_garmo

Thank you, I didn't know there was a thread already Wink Cleaning cache did not help. I even deleted Origin and all my Sim games, cleaned out all left-overs and reinstalled from scratch but no effect.

I't been a looong while since I changed my Name/User ID and still I have 4 lots and 4 Sims who are still saved under my old ID. That is really annoying.

Message 12 of 114 (1,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

edit: removed message to topic

Message 13 of 114 (1,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is an issue for me too, I’m in the exact same boat. Not sure if you’ll see this, but have you found a fix yet?
Message 14 of 114 (1,604 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@abbie-s16

Sadly No! And yes I see and receive posts/answers because I have this thread bookmarked. Wink

Look at the date when I posted this. Do you see any any replies since? No! Guess Guru's and Moderator's themselves do not know what's going on. It's not a game breaker, but is sure annoing when you have saved files with old and new ID. The bin file is hosting the old ID Name and so far I have not found out how to change that.

ETA: @crinrict Sure.

Message 15 of 114 (1,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could either of you please create a new thread for this as this one doesn't use the template.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 114 (1,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrict

Where should I post it? Sorry I haven't created any thread since all these changes.

Message 17 of 114 (1,584 Views)

Hero

Just create a new thread in the bug forum. It will give you a template to fill out.

I will afterwards move this thread into the new one so no info gets lost but having all the info on the first post helps a lot.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 114 (1,578 Views)

★ Pro
OK thanks.
Message 19 of 114 (1,571 Views)