by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

[OPEN] Origin is hosting Gallery under old ID

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat, The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 Dine Out Game Pack , The Sims 4 Vampires Game Pack, The Sims 4 Parenthood Game Pack, The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack, The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack, The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack, The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff, The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack, The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff Pack, The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, The Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff Pack, The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff Pack, Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack, Jungle Adventure - The Sims 4 City Living Expansion Pack, but currently uninstalled because of unwanted game behavior.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe create a new ID and see for yourself.
What happens when the bug occurs? My tray items are hosted with old and new ID.
What do you expect to see? A fix so that ALL files have my curent ID.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I canged my ID name to LuvMySimz about two years ago, and some files still hosted under my old ID.

Up to this date (August 2022) the topic is still an issue. Will there ever be a fix for this? When checking the bin files in my Tray Folder some of them are still showing my old ID on some saved houses and Sims. Also when I export the the files with "Sims 4 Tray Importer" the zip files also named with old ID and not with LuvMySimz ID.

Message 20 of 114 (10,902 Views)

[OPEN] Changed Origin ID but gallery saves are still saving under previous ID

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I changed my Origin ID so my Sims 4 Gallery ID would change.  My sims 4 gallery shows my new Origin ID but when I save and upload a lot to gallery it is  still saving and uploading to the previous origin ID.   Anyone have any idea why this might  be happening?   

Message 1 of 114 (11,236 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Changed Origin ID but gallery saves are still saving under previous ID

How long ago did you change it? It might take some time to change. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 114 (11,227 Views)

★★ Novice

I changed it a few days ago, so should have had time to update. 

Message 3 of 114 (11,221 Views)

Give cleaning your game cache a try:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 114 (11,214 Views)

★★ Novice

Followed the steps listed in the tutorial and deleted the game cache.  Then rebooted the game logged into the gallery and it still having the same issue. 

Message 5 of 114 (11,208 Views)

@Erocalis moved your post to the bug forum.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 114 (11,193 Views)

Hero

I'll add this. I think it was established as a bug before but I can't find any threads on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 114 (11,169 Views)

★★ Novice

I have since tried changing the origin name I was using again to see if it was some how related to the name I did with the first origin ID change.  So I changed it to the name to Erocalis instead of Bopsytop and everything for the ID changed like it should and now  my gallery is saving correctly.  Just wanted to give an  update on what was going on with it.

Message 8 of 114 (11,141 Views)

Hero

Glad you fixed it for you.

I'm adding this anyways as it seems an ongoing issue for several people

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 114 (11,130 Views)