Re: Gallery Name Issue

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Gallery name broken (showing multiple names)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Hi, yes it was changed from aleachii 2 years ago. This origin ID is available and shouldn't be associated with my account anymore, so I'm assuming it's a technical issue on EA's side - but I've never been able to get tech help for it.

Message 71 of 114 (951 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gallery name broken (showing multiple names)

Hero
@poriumG Yes, this has been going on for years now. Just wanted to make sure your issue is not different from what others are seeing.

I merged your post with the main bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 114 (937 Views)

Gallery Name Issue

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Famous, Discover University, City Living, Dine Out, Bowling Night Stuff, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gallery > Post anything > "By: ____" is different from the gallery name
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I post something on the gallery, my email address name without the @gmail.com shows up instead of my Origin Name. I've already tried disabling and uninstalling mods and the issue still occurs.
What do you expect to see? My Origin Name (StellarSimmer) should show up on the gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I post something on the gallery, my email address name without the @gmail.com shows up instead of my Origin Name. I've already tried disabling and uninstalling mods and the issue still occurs. I've already contacted support and they asked me to report it as a bug instead here.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 2.09.08 AM.png

Message 73 of 114 (924 Views)

Hero
@ChaxieSims did you ever have your name set to that user name and then changed it ?

Your other report sound like you have the entire email address show up

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 114 (961 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I honestly don't recall as I got back to playing recently but I might have had it set to that username years ago. In any case, is there a way to fix this?
Message 75 of 114 (933 Views)

Hero
@ChaxieSims Not really a solution no, but in that case it's a known issue. Sorry I misunderstood your post in GD. Really thought you were saying the actual email address was showing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 76 of 114 (922 Views)

EA uses my old username / creator ID to upload on gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs installed but 1 (Journey to Batuu) and all 3 kits are not installed either.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My bug is gallery ID related. I have changed my Origin ID / EA ID I think in 2018 from Rosebudsim to Sleepdeeprived. My Origin ID shows correctly after the change, the gallery profile shows correctly too. However, when I upload my stuff to the gallery it reverts back to my very old username. It says uploaded by: rosebudsim.
What happens when the bug occurs? My bug is gallery ID related. I have changed my Origin ID / EA ID I think in 2018 from Rosebudsim to Sleepdeeprived. My Origin ID shows correctly after the change, the gallery profile shows correctly too. However, when I upload my stuff to the gallery it reverts back to my very old username. It says uploaded by: rosebudsim.
What do you expect to see? I'd like my gallery to work properly and upload as my intended username: sleepdeeprived.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Confirmed change on myaccount.ea.com

Gallery ID seems normal at first glance

Gallery ID on profile states Sleepdeeprived

When something is uploaded to the gallery, still uploads under old username: rosebudsim

Edit by crinrict: Removed Picture showing personal information.

Message 77 of 114 (902 Views)

Re: EA uses my old username / creator ID to upload on gallery

Hero
@sleepdeeprived I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

I also removed your picture as it was showing some personal information. Could you reup-load that with email address and other sensitive info blacked out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 114 (868 Views)

Re: Changed ID but still seeing old ID when searching sims gallery

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem

Message 79 of 114 (848 Views)

Re: Changed ID but still seeing old ID when searching sims gallery

Hero
@SimmerMie merged your post with the bug report.

Please click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 114 (833 Views)