by canelacaliente

Original Post

[OPEN] Ordering a drink for another sim fails

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a bartender or a bar object. Select "Order Drink For..." and pick a sim to offer a drink to.
What happens when the bug occurs? The action fails, because instead of trying to order a drink from the bartender, your sim will try to use the bar to make the drink themselves (routing failure thought bubble appears or on a lot with multiple bars, you sim may attempt to walk to a bar that is not in use and make the drink).
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to order the drink from the bartender and not to try and make it themselves. There is already a "Make Drink For..." option when you click on an empty bar. When using "Order Drink For..." I expect using the bartender.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried to have multiple sims "Order drink for..." one of their friends but it always fails because the sim will try to make it themselves using the bar (which is currently being used by the bartender).

The sim should try to order it from the bartender and have the bartender make it, rather than trying to make the drink manually.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 4 (1,430 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ordering a drink for another sim fails

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,314 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Ordering a drink for another sim fails

★★★★★ Guide

Sorry if this is a bump, but I encountered this issue a little while back at Planet Honey Pop (Caleb Vatore tried to order a drink for one of my Sims, but he kept route failing). I came across this topic while going through the list of issues to "Me Too" issues I've encountered before.

So THAT'S what's happening, @simvasion ? Wow. X-D ^_^;

Message 3 of 4 (1,138 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Ordering a drink for another sim fails

★★★ Pro

Here is a video of the issue in my game:

Message 4 of 4 (902 Views)