Re: Mermaid Genes Unintentionally Dominant

by mengzhu123

Original Post

Re: The probability of a mermaid

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still Mermaid and human children, children are all mermaid, unable to give birth to human... .

Message 21 of 29 (1,209 Views)

Mermaid Genes Unintentionally Dominant

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Literally everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 'Breed' a human and mermaid in Live Mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? All generated children are mermaids.
What do you expect to see? Roughly 50% of generated children inherit the life state of parent 1, and the other 50% inherit the life state of parent 2.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It seems to be impossible for a human and a mermaid pairing to produce a human baby.

I have experimented with this without any mods/CC installed, and in a brand new save. All with the same results.

Message 22 of 29 (1,211 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The question is also very, very dumb... ...... Mermaids live too long after all. ...... We hope to solve this problem as soon as possible

Message 23 of 29 (1,156 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't really play Mermaids, but it does happen with my spellcasters. 100% chance your offspring with grow to be a spellcaster if just one of your parents is a spellcaster.

Message 24 of 29 (1,138 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I stopped playing mermaids because out of families with 4-6 kids they would always be mermaids. Now I have the same problem with spellcasters 100% always spellcasters.

I was hoping for some to be just human, especially in large families when only 1 parent is a mermaid or spellcaster

Message 25 of 29 (1,074 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Offsprings Human/Occult always result in Occults

★★ Guide

I have somewhat opposite problem, but since it's no doubt to do with the same thing, aka the chance percentage of the occult genetics passing on, adding it here. 

I recently (January 2021) started a fresh save for a 100 baby challenge. I have all the packs. I use two mods: SimsInfo and the one that removes the mosaic blur, neither of which modifies or controls sim behavior.

Since it's the 100 baby challenge, the fathers are never a part of the household, so it's just the mother and the children.

So far the human matriarch has given birth to 20 babies.

The mermaid father did produce a mermaid child.

The vampire father (Caleb Vatore) produced a human child.

The spellcaster fathers (four) all produced human children (with Weak Bloodline trait).

The two alien fathers produced hybrid/human children, aka human birth certificates, no alien form, no powers, but blue skin on one of the children.

Maybe it's just unlucky rolls of dice for them, since that's not a big amount of proof yet, but since I'm quite used to what was described before, aka occults always making occult babies, I've been shocked at this matriarch's stubborn human genes. 

Maybe it means that the issue that the original post was about has been fixed now? ...and possibly the chance slider moved a bit too much toward human, this time. 

Message 26 of 29 (1,032 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 27 of 29 (983 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I only have spellcasters, humans, and mermaids in my game so far.

Second generation (both with human fathers)

• Spellcaster had 3 spellcaster children
  • Mermaid has now had 8 mermaid children (I try for baby every time they get a whim to, if there is room, and use age down potions to keep them from being elder until at least their oldest is an adult or the youngest is a teen if the oldest isn't an adult)

I assumed this was because I had made the spellcaster both the Spellcaster and Mermaid in CAS and their husbands were townies.

Third generation:

1. Mermaid with CAS-made mermaid husband (I had a story for her in my head and none of the townie mermaids would fit) has had three mermaid kids, to be expected.  Two new babies were born after I rotated out.  I don't know what they are, but I'm assuming mermaid.
  2. Spellcaster mom with human father who was second gen from another played family of humans: 5 kids - 3 casters and two non with strong bloodline trait
  3. Spellcaster mom with townie human father:  kids - 3 casters and two non with strong bloodline trait
  4. Spellcaster mom with townie human father: kids - 3 casters and one baby that is still a ?  She was the last of that generation to start having kids

3rd gen one parent, 4th generation the other (the mermaid second-generation intermarried heavily with the first spellcaster born to the third-gen )

1. Mermaid mom and human father with strong bloodline trait: one human daughter with the weak bloodline trait, one baby that is still a ?
  2. Mermaid dad and spellcaster mom: two daughters, both mermaids have the ancient bloodline trait, one baby that is still a ?

4th gen of spellcaster:

1. Human with strong bloodline trait
    1. Abduction: human baby with weak bloodline trait.  I read somewhere that this might be a bug, the bloodline trait blocking the alien trait somehow.  The child looks fully human.
    2. Alien wife: 3 alien hybrids the color of their mom with, but all with the weak bloodline trait and another baby that looks to be an alien hybrid that will probably also have the blood line trait.

Attaching the file

I don't know when I started playing this game, but I think I was already working on third-generation when I picked it back up this past January.  I'm copying my save folder to a new location because I'm worried of something be screwed up if I link the save I'm actually playing.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmfCqRb23xN-i7kAC00wNPjgq8yXDw?e=yfk3Xs

Message 28 of 29 (841 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Offsprings Human/Occult always result in Occults

★★★★★ Newbie
@mengzhu123 human and alien always result in purple or green or various shades of blue humans sometimes it is fun but I want my Sim baby's to turn out as aliens and not just colorful humans all the time.
Message 29 of 29 (769 Views)