Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Off Grid Living: Some quick meals like drinks can't be used

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Add "Off-the-Grid" lot trait to a lot and open the "Have a Quick Meal" menu in any refrigerator.
What happens when the bug occurs? Options for making cereal, milk, orange juice, yogurt, and water are grayed out with the tooltip "There is no available microwave."
What do you expect to see? The option to prepare the above quick meals without a microwave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Occuring upon patching my game to 1.52.100.1020, testing the new "Off-the-Grid" lot trait.

I apologize if this has already been reported or mentioned, I took some time to search this issue before posting and couldn't find anything. I know new features like this come with some kinks to sort out, so I figured I would report this issue. Since my Sim is able to prepare other perishable food without power (eggs and toast, ham and cheese, etc.) I am not sure if this is an issue with the new lot trait or just a "quirky" feature.

Thank you for looking into this!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 9 (2,512 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Off Grid Living: Some quick meals like drinks can't be used

Hero

Loving that Off the Grid life but suddenly plumbing is required? Wait, what? Say no more… We have now made it so that eating/drinking Cereal, Milk, Juice, Yogurt, and Water doesn’t require plumbing. Wait, why would Milk - well even Cereal - require plumbing? Is there a Cereal bar plumbing system I don’t know about that is in the game? Wouldn’t that be filled with soggy Cereal? I have questions!

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

Trying this again ... If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,486 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Off Grid Living: Some quick meals like drinks can't be used

★ Pro

I noticed this as well but if you have a cooler, you can get a drink from that.

Message 2 of 9 (2,454 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Off Grid Living: Some quick meals like drinks can't be used

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 9 (2,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue in which some quick meals were requiring a Microwave while being Off-The-Grid when it is not needed. Yogurt needing a microwave? I think not!

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

This is not fixes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (2,028 Views)

Off-The-grid Fridge not working

★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? DU, IL, GF, Seasons (disabled), IL, C&D, GT, GtW, RoM, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood (disabled), Dineout, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Laundry Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Backyard stuff, Romantic Garden, Perfact Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration, Grimms Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Repeat what I've shown in pictures
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim unable to access fridge foods/drinks properly
What do you expect to see? Fridge working as intended (with ice)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. newest patch

Here is my sim, who is now rather unhappy that she can't even get a yummy glass of milk (after foraging so hard for the money to buy one)... And not appreciating the new (bad) buff she got from eating mother nature's gift of harvested wild fruit!

She gathered water (for ice, and other water stuffs), bought the appropriate fridge, and (as shown in pics) had the ice levels topped up.

Message 5 of 9 (2,049 Views)

★ Expert
@crinrict you moved my post (which was posted first) to a later post - and pushed it into comments? Why is that?
Message 6 of 9 (1,987 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@InfiniteVerve I'm not sure what you mean. This issue was supposed to be fixed but it's not so I re-opened the fixed thread.

This is about the quick meals off-grid not working?

(this thread is from 2019)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (1,972 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed that some quick meals don't work off grid because if there's no power some things would not be able to be kept good such as milk for cereal. Things with less important refrigeration needs such as chips, cheese crackers, and for some reason ham and cheese sandwiches still work. I think this is by design and if you make your own power using solar panels all of the normal features will work again.

Message 8 of 9 (1,741 Views)

Hero

Loving that Off the Grid life but suddenly plumbing is required? Wait, what? Say no more… We have now made it so that eating/drinking Cereal, Milk, Juice, Yogurt, and Water doesn’t require plumbing. Wait, why would Milk - well even Cereal - require plumbing? Is there a Cereal bar plumbing system I don’t know about that is in the game? Wouldn’t that be filled with soggy Cereal? I have questions!

Fixed in Patch 1.72.28/ 1.39

Trying this again ... If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,487 Views)