Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [JA] Lights not working with Off the Grid lot trait

by MarleyTheWizard

Original Post

★★ Guide

@crinrict do you want a report per lamp?

Message 11 of 25 (2,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MarleyTheWizard No, stick all in here. That's fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 25 (2,389 Views)

★★ Guide

BarnYard LAmp

The Barnyard Lamp from Cats and Dogs has a candle in it but doesn't work with the trait 

Message 13 of 25 (2,386 Views)

★ Apprentice

Could I add to this issue that some lights, though they work as candles, are not registered by light controls as candles? 
I've added a photo attachment for clarity.

Thanks!

Message 14 of 25 (2,343 Views)

★★★ Guide

I came here to report the jungle chandelier which has already been mention in the first post but also some candle from get together.

- The photopollution beacon (wall light in the form of 2 candles) and the photopollution ceiling light (a chandelier with 4 candles)

Both came with gettogether and should work as they are candles.

- The wheathered lantern from jungle adventure (portable lamp) should also work, as it is not plugged into the electricity. The version from out door retreat works and I would expect both portable lamps to be treated the same way.

- 3 Senses Oil Lamp (base game)

On a side note, it would be nice if candles/lamps also had a 'works off grid' line in their discription, just like plumbing.

Message 15 of 25 (2,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@atreya33  If you look closely at the Get Together lights, they're actually electric lights designed to look like candles (but they're not actually candles).

Message 16 of 25 (2,293 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Off Grid Living: Lights not working although candles/oil lamps

Hero
Added this to the list. Thanks to @Adipup for adding compiling the reported lights.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 25 (2,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am wondering why the rustic candle chandelier from jungle expansion doesn't work on off the grid but the medieval one does?

Message 18 of 25 (2,223 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can't find anywhere else, and don't want to start a new thread, but it seems that the "functional while off grid" is a complete lie. Anything outside of candles won't work off grid. Every single item that has the "functional while off grid" says it cannot be used off grid. And I had to place each candle light to find the ones that do work. (No mods, no cc, everything else works fine.)

Message 19 of 25 (2,141 Views)

★ Guide

PS4 & PC both have the same problem with the off the grid candles & oil lamps being a lie & I find it infuriating how hard it is to trial & error through the process of finding lights that work. I've been using almost exclusively the Vista light from Outdoor Retreat on a wall shelf in every room kluge a solution for lack of wall or ceiling lights. What baffles me though is why the citronella candle from the yard pack doesn't work. It is clearly a candle & obviously that would work. Or why the gas lamps don't work when your (Outdoor Retreat) gas stove does. How can I make a grilled cheese cooking with gas but I can't light a lamp to read a book? That's just inconsistent in so many ways.

Message 20 of 25 (1,756 Views)