Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Off Grid Living: Lights not working although candles/oil lamps

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the lights on a lot with the Off the Grid trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Rustic Candle Chandelier" and "Weathered Lantern" lights from Jungle Adventure don't function when a lot has the Off the Grid trait.
What do you expect to see? Similar candles and lanterns from other packs work, so I'd expect these to work too.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the latest patch; the one that introduced the Off the Grid trait.

I'm not sure where to submit this, since this is more of an oversight than a bug, but I hope this gets seen so it can eventually be fixed.

Edit: As requested by @crinrict, here's a list of all the lights that people have reported so far:

Base game

• 3 Senses Oil Lamp (table light)
  • A Story of Three Candles (table light)

Backyard Stuff

• Scented Citronella (table light)
  • Tawdry Tawny Truedawn (table light)
  • lANTern (table light)

Jungle Adventure

• Rustic Candle Chandelier (ceiling light)
  • Weathered Lantern (table light)

Outdoor Retreat

• Lightbringer Vista (table light)
  • No Fear Night Lantern (floor light)
  • Origami Tree Luminaries (floor light)

Seasons

• The Tinkerer's Wall Light (wall light)
  • Candlelit Fall Leaves (table light)
  • Candlelit Holly Branch (table light)
  • Seven Principles Kinara (table light)
  • Forest of Lights Menorah (table light)

Cats & Dogs

• Barnyard Lamp (wall light)

Get Famous

• Medieval Brazier Floor Lamp (floor light)
Message 1 of 25 (17,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Off Grid Living: Lights not working although candles/oil lamps

Hero

We've done a pass on candles to ensure they properly work when electricity is out.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Please make a new thread if there's still any candles not properly categorized.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 25 of 25 (6,264 Views)

All Replies

Re: Jungle Adventure lights not working with Off the Grid lot trait

Hero
@Adipup Do you know if those work if you forget to pay your bills ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (17,022 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I tested it and they also stop working when Sims don't pay their bills.
Message 3 of 25 (16,988 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Adipup Thanks for testing. Sounds like they are not recognized as not needing electricity then.

There's others: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-turn-on-quot-A-Story-of-Three-Candles-quot/m...

Might merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (16,986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Lights wont work when living off grid. You have to use candles only. I think they need to make a solar power type lot. 

Message 5 of 25 (16,965 Views)

Hero
@MamaYoung143 I would say the two mentioned should work. One is a candled chandelier and the other is a gas light.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 25 (16,963 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The Jungle Adventure one definitely isn't working. However, When you scoot in close, it isn't a candle, it's more like the light source in the outdoor retreat 'lightbringer portable' (which works fine on an off the grid lot). The cats and dogs one 'modern field lantern' is obviously a candle and it works fine. The 3 senses oil lamp doesn't work, but by the description I don't think it's supposed to (it says it's fake electric flickering). I hope someone makes a cc version that's actually oil!

Message 7 of 25 (16,872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@jeeperscat  The chandelier from Jungle Adventure definitely has candles, though, and it doesn't work.

(The screenshot is from a lot without the Off the Grid trait just for clarity.)

Message 8 of 25 (16,856 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Adipup that makes more sense (that it has candles, not that it isn't working!). I haven't looked at anything other than lamps/candles you put on counters etc so far!
Message 9 of 25 (16,850 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [JA] Lights not working with Off the Grid lot trait

★ Apprentice

If this helps, I took a screenshot of lights that are either candles, fire, or non-electric (per the item description) that don't work off-the-grid.

Message 10 of 25 (16,719 Views)