by unseenlarks

Original Post

[OPEN] Obtaining sentiments causes the game to crash

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out GP, Perfect Patio SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Movie Hangout SP, Backyard SP, Fitness SP, Laundry Day SP.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? load a save, start playing.
What happens when the bug occurs? it could be two minutes into gameplay (like when i initially loaded my save after the patch) or fifteen (subsequent times). it's random, because when a Sim gains a sentiment and the icon flashes on their relationship panel, the game might stop responding and eventually crash.
What do you expect to see? sentiments not crashing the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated to game version 1.68.154.1020.

rather random one. so far everything else works, but i can see that sentiments and crashing are related. it either works fine and i see the related notification about the sentiment, or the game hangs the second the sentiments icon starts flashing on the Sim's relationship panel (well, on the button that represents the panel).

i wonder if it's specific sentiments, since i can't tell which one a Sim is obtaining because the game stops responding before it registers fully. but so far, the only one that hasn't crashed the game is "Closer from Happy Memories". might be a coincidence, but. just in case.

if Sims don't interact with each other and hence don't obtain sentiments, i can play without issues as before the patch.

as usual, tested with no mods/cc, and having repaired the game after the patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (2,066 Views)

Re: Obtaining sentiments causes the game to crash

Hero

Could you please post the following info

1. Your Computer's DxDiag
  2. If you have, the following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt
  3. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log

You can upload DxDiag and config.log directly to your post.

For any lastCrash files, either create a rar file and upload that or copy/paste the content of the file to a post inside spoiler tags (the icon next to the strike-through)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,942 Views)

★★ Expert

hi Crin. i'm having connectivity issues, hope this goes through. i've been trying to post a few times.

i have no lastcrash file, i'm sorry i forgot to mention that.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 3 of 12 (1,871 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there!

I just started playing a new save and it also crashes when gaining a new sentiment. Here are my crashes.

Message 4 of 12 (1,611 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello,

Thanks for all of the information and files sent about this issue.

The team is looking into it.  We no longer need saves for this specific crash.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 12 (1,585 Views)

★★ Expert
@SimQARobo--thank you for the update!
Message 6 of 12 (1,574 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★★ Newbie

Sul sul, my game keeps crashing when I get a sentiment with a family member.. I do have a good computer and I have put my cc and mods out of my game since this update. Please fix it, I wanna play again Standard smile 

Byee

Message 7 of 12 (1,541 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

Hero
@fleeurvl I moved your post over to the sentiment crash

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,506 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Obtaining sentiments causes the game to crash

★★ Novice

Please help my game keeps crashing.. yes I removed my mods and it still crashes. Frown

Message 9 of 12 (1,062 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Obtaining sentiments causes the game to crash

★ Novice
@shardaevb same here hope they fix this soon!
Message 10 of 12 (1,021 Views)