by Malgosia123438

Original Post

[OPEN] Objects with incorrect or missing shadows

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, go to work, get together, city living, dine out, parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? for example on moon lamp or stand for minerals?
What happens when the bug occurs? there is this weird shadow, some of the objects after putting them outside the house are normal and only in the house they have this weird shadow, but also some are like this in both outside and inside :< i have it on CC and maxis objects too! i dont knowy why, i had it after but i think after some patch it dissapeared, yesterday i hadnt it but after i merged my cc i have it :/
What do you expect to see? no shadows
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. i just merged it but also i had it before, i dont know why

*** Edit by BryonyRae to establish list of known affected objects:

1) Whispering Wishing Well - shadows exceed object footprint

2) Blushing Beauty Wedding Arch - shadows exceed object footprint

3) Daddy's Girl Formal Wedding Arch - shadows exceed object footprint

4) Arithmetically Challenge Divider - no shadow

5) Classic Room Divider - solid shadow even though the object itself has cutouts

here are photos of some of maxis and cc

fgfd.jpg

rdtydt.jpg

hgrd.jpg

grrr.jpg

hth.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 22 (4,522 Views)

Re: Weird shadows on objects

Hero
do you have it if you remove all cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (4,416 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

There are two issues with these photos:

1. (the first and the last item) Default shadow plane/blob sheet was changed with C&D patch – not all Maxis objects were updated (and cc, obviously), hence blocky shadows on floor, walls, surfaces etc. F.in. I've noticed it a while ago on in-game Wall-Mounted Coat Rack With Shelf (I've attached a screenshot taken in Sims 4 Studio – the wall shadow is darker and more blocky than it used to be)

2. No 3 is just faulty cc, specifically cc lacking proper shadow LODs – it just wasn't visible before C&D patch.

(edited to add a name and a screenshot of the rack)

Message 3 of 22 (4,406 Views)

★★★ Novice
so yes i removed all my cc and i still have those weird shadows on maxis objects Frown i dont know if i only have it or everyone? :< i cant do anything with it? :<
Message 4 of 22 (4,380 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Malgosia123438 I can confirm that I am seeing the block shadow on the Wall-mounted Coat Rack with Shelf and the line shadow behind the Elemental Display Rack.  What other (non CC) objects are affected in your game?  I couldn't find those candles in your first image in my game so am wondering if those are CC.  For CC objects, the creators are responsible for updating them when EA makes changes to the game, and that's not something that we would list here, but any non-CC EA objects with graphics issues we definitely can report.

Message 5 of 22 (4,375 Views)

★★★ Novice

yes dear, the candles are cc :< do you have these weird shadows on your moon lamp and minerals stand too as me? i can delete all my shadow cc but i dont know what to do about maxis objects and the shadow is on a lot of my favourites cc Frown

Message 6 of 22 (4,352 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

For the CC you would need to talk to the creators to fix it.

It would be good if all maxis objects could be listed so that Maxis can fix those

Best thing to do is to remove all cc items from your report and add any maxis ones you'll find.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (4,346 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

To get rid of shadows on the moon lamp, you'd have to turn ssao off – peacemaker-ic on tumblr has a tutorial for that.

Fixing wall/floor shadows on cc caused by blob sheet change is quite easy, but you'd have to use Sims 4 Studio and Blender (and have some basic understanding of how cc-making works). For Maxis stuff, you could make overrides the same way, but honestly, it's too much bother. It's always worth a shot to ask a cc maker if they plan to fix/update their stuff tho.

Message 8 of 22 (4,343 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you so much for help! i saw the tutorial how to delete shadows but this is too hard for me ;w;

where can i list all broken maxis objects? Standard smile i will go to the game now and put them on one parcel

Message 9 of 22 (4,328 Views)

Hero
In your first post here. Edit it and remove the cc and add Maxis.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 22 (4,324 Views)