Re: Wall Objects Unable to Attach to Diagonal Walls

by samsam713

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Objects no longer able to be placed on angled walls

★★★★ Novice

Sorry for the bump but this is ridiculous. Months and months have passed and this problem hasn't been addressed. Seriously? Old builds I have made don't work anymore if I plop them in. Several Maxis builds have what are now impossibly placed objects on diagonals. I came out of a long building hiatus so I thought this was a recent problem but no!

Also I am not using the move objects cheat, I never use that cheat and am not going to because you broke your own game.

Message 21 of 26 (593 Views)

★★ Pro
@groovyboa The move objects cheat doesn't bother me so much since I like the furniture layout to look a little less artificial than the default snap to grid allows. What bothers me most are all the other ways they broke their own game that haven't been completely fixed at all.
Message 22 of 26 (583 Views)

★★ Guide

Has this been fixed with the new patch? I did not read anything about it in the Notes and I cannot get into the game myself to test.

Message 23 of 26 (524 Views)

★★ Guide

Just tested—this is still an active issue. Also, beware of loading/visiting lots or apartments with diagonal walls. Objects that are considered to have invalid placements would be automatically removed without notice. I just had an empty community gym’s showering area because the plumbings were originally attached to diagonal walls.

Message 24 of 26 (479 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's been fixed !! 😁

Message 25 of 26 (345 Views)

★★★ Guide

This has been the case for as long as I can remember, but the "bb.moveobjects" cheat allows the placement on diagonal walls.

Message 26 of 26 (331 Views)