[OPEN] Objects do not stay put on some lots

by ju1ka

Original Post

Re: Objects do not stay put on some lots

Hero (Retired)

I'll check again when I get a chance @ju1ka.

Message 11 of 18 (703 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Okay, I'm seeing it now @ju1ka; not sure why I missed it before.  Definitely reproduceable though, so both cases should help the devs figure out what's going on.

Message 12 of 18 (698 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, I have a similar problem.  I'm moving furniture and decorations around in one of the houses that are pre-built with the base game and the objects keep moving back to their original positions.

Message 13 of 18 (684 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This doesn't sound like the same issue @karlien5.  Are you seeing the objects shift after you place the pre-made house on another lot, or is this a case of objects moving when you re-load your save and go back to the lot you were already playing?  It sounds like the objects are inside the house, not outside?  That is very unusual.  If you have any mods/CC, please temporarily remove them.  Also, if you haven't already done so, clear your cache and repair your game.  Start a fresh save after doing that and see if you still experience the problem.  Let us know.

Message 14 of 18 (676 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, thank you for your reply and the suggestions.  This is a house that was on a lot when I first installed the game with a family living in it and everything.  It happens when I pick up an object in build mode and place it in a different part of the house.  One moment there's a little hand with the object floating next to it, I click to place it and the next moment the object disappears.  When I go back to its original position to get something else I find the first object there again, right where I found it the first time.  A couple of times I put the object in the inventory first and placed a new object in its place, when I placed the one from the inventory in a different location, it disappeared, I went looking for it in its original place and it was intersected with the new object.  I haven't had a chance to try your suggestions yet, but will do as soon as I have a chance!  Also, no mods or cc.

Message 15 of 18 (666 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@karlien5 It sounds like you are trying to place objects in spots that might possibly be blocked by other objects.  You either need a clear space for object placement, or you can use the bb.moveobjects cheat to get around the space requirements.  Does this behavior occur on any other lots or just this one?  Have you tried saving the lot to your library, bulldozing, and then replacing it from your library?  Have you tried the same lot in a new game?

Message 16 of 18 (660 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, so I thought I'd try repairing the game before I tried your other suggestions and it worked!!  It's better that ever, I'm so excited!  Thank you all very much for your help!! Party hat

Message 17 of 18 (650 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You're welcome @karlien5.  I always recommend clearing your cache and repairing the game after each update to keep the wonkiness to a minimum. Standard smile

Message 18 of 18 (644 Views)