[OPEN] Objects bought at festival turn to ashes

by belpita

Original Post

[OPEN] Objects bought at festival turn to ashes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I bought two paintings at a festival (possibly Romance, but I'm unsure now), then hung them on the wall in a Sim's house.

I went and played another household, since I'm doing rotational stories, and when I returned to the previous Sim the paintings had turned into two neat piles of ashes on the floor.

I have no mods. 

(Other players on the forum have reported similar issues with sculptures they bought.)

Message 1 of 13 (1,891 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Paintings bought at festival turn to ashes

★★ Guide

I have had this happen too. Not with paintings but with a toy dragon, also purchased at the market.

The dragon turned to dust when I tried to place it on a dresser when there was no room for it. So I tested by placing it on a table, but when the game reloaded it was a pile of dust again. I have also tested without mods and the same thing happens. 

Message 2 of 13 (1,808 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Paintings bought at festival turn to ashes

★ Apprentice

Check you household inventory in build mode. Your items that turned to ashes may be in there. Mine were. 

Message 3 of 13 (1,799 Views)

Re: Objects bought at festival turn to ashes

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (1,784 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Objects bought at festival turn to ashes

★★ Novice

What happened with me is I bought quite a few awesome paintings at the romance festival and come home to place them but when I put them on the walls, they turned white. When I place them, they disappear and turn to ashes in every place that I've tried to place them. And it's not invisible because I can place things "over" it. I've restarted my game multiple times and it was the same. I eventually had to sell them... I look forward to receiving help! *I HAVE NO MODS*

Message 5 of 13 (1,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

NEW- I started my game again and after getting rid of all the ashes, I found like, 2/6 paintings were in my sim's inventory. I tried to place them and it worked, except for that one of them were placed on my wall, but wouldn't leave my inventory. I sold the painting that was on the wall and in my inventory but now it's glitched and stuck. I can't even click it or drag it. 

Message 6 of 13 (1,717 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Someone on the forum also suggested to me that I could find the paintings in my inventory.

I did, but when I placed them on the walls (again) they also turned into dust and now they're completely gone. 

Message 7 of 13 (1,708 Views)

Hero

It's an open bug.

I haven't really seen any workaround, unfortunately. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,705 Views)

cant carry a stack of paintings

★★ Novice

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but, it's a pretty big issue for me. So I just bought some paintings in City Living but, they're in a stack. Outside of the open stack and even when I do open it, I can't drag it or do anything to it but name it. This has happened previously too when I bought paintings at a romance festival but, my paintings turned to ash. I really admire the paintings and wish I could actually place them somewhere, sometime. I look forward to help!

Message 9 of 13 (1,691 Views)

Re: cant carry a stack of paintings

Hero

@Asiaxoum I'm merging this with the ashes thread for now.

Objects bought on festivals generally seem to have issues for some people.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 13 (1,682 Views)