Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] [OR] Wolf Pytt's Essential Gaming Table not fully portable

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase the Wolf Pytt's Essential Gaming Table and place it in a sim's personal inventory. Purchase at least two The Gordian Spritz chairs and also place them in the same sim's personal inventory. Travel with the sim (and others to make it easier) to another lot, such as a park. Place the table from personal inventory and then place the chairs (attaching them to it). Instruct your sims to play a card game together. Complete the game and instruct your sims to leave the table. Go into build mode and disconnect the chairs from the table. Return to live mode and place the chairs back into your sim's personal inventory. Attempt to do the same with the game table.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game table cannot be placed into the sim's personal inventory. If you hover over the "Put in Inventory" option, you will see the message that you must "Clear Table." However, there is no option to clear the table.
What do you expect to see? The game table should be auto cleared when the game is complete OR there should be an option for the sim to clear it. The game table should be able to be placed into the sim's personal inventory both before AND after using it OR it should no longer be made portable at all (note that no other game table is portable).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Originally, the behavior was different; the card pack that appears upon the game table after a game is played would drop to the floor when the table was moved to personal inventory, and the card pack was then effectively "stuck" wherever it dropped, as the player could not delete it. It appears that the issue was fixed but inadvertently now keeps the table from being fully portable. See original issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Deck-of-Cards-stuck-on-floor-of-home-lot/m-p/513457...

See screen shot of the problem:

cardtableprob.jpg

Message 1 of 8 (4,069 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Wolf Pytt's Essential Gaming Table not fully portable

★ Pro

I happened to have run across this issue today while checking to see if the issue with the deck of cards had been fixed.  I had seen a simmer comment in a thread in the Bug forum on the other forums that she wasn't able to put the table in inventory when leaving GF but it had been in the household inventory on return.  Consequently, I was curious about how the table was working now.

What I found is that if the table is used in a vacation destination, it can't be put into personal inventory but is present in household inventory upon the sim's return.  From the household inventory, it can be placed on the lot and the option to "put in inventory" can then be selected.  Consequently, I figured the table would automatically go into household inventory if used on a community lot in the home worlds, but that's not the case.  My sim put the chairs in his inventory, went home and the table remained on The Bluffs lot where he had used it.

Now the household no longer has a card table because the sim can't put it into inventory and the behavior is different from a vacation world by not automatically placing it into household inventory.  It just gets abandoned.  I'm fine with it automatically going into household inventory, it just needs to happen consistently.  There shouldn't be one outcome when a sim returns from vacation and another if the table is used on a community lot in the home worlds.  As @BryonyRae has pointed out, the table can't be considered fully portable.

Message 2 of 8 (4,031 Views)

★★ Guide

Do you think it’s likely this will get fixed? I really want to be able to bring a game table around with me, like I bring the portable bar with me from Get Together. But I don’t want to just buy a new game table every time I use it on a community lot

Message 3 of 8 (3,832 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Two years later and this is still an issue? I am having this problem today. 

Message 4 of 8 (3,520 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. I’m so annoyed with it. Would really appreciate a patch for it.

Message 5 of 8 (3,375 Views)

★ Apprentice

5 years later and still not fixed! Just discovered this problem today. Utterly ridiculous to have this sort of issue after so long of it being reported! 

Message 6 of 8 (2,057 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have run into the same issue.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest update (june 2023)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: all, except high school years, GP: All, SP: all, Kits: some including bust the dust
Steps: I can place the table from inventory and play a game. But once a game is played on the table, the table can no longer be put into inventory. The option is greyed out with a tooltip to clean the table but there is no option to clean the table. I could change the game and have tried all available games (cards, don't wake the llama, simbles, puzzles and sabaac) but they all blocked the option to put the table into inventory.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to put the table in inventory with a game on it or an interaction to clear the table and put the empty table in inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Happens with mods and without mods
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? since this was first reported by someone five years ago, i don't think it is recent

Message 7 of 8 (1,401 Views)

★ Guide

Please fix this!  It's really annoying to have to buy a new table every time they want to change location.

Message 8 of 8 (819 Views)