[OPEN] [OR] Unidentified plants in Granite Falls have names

by lyricstomymusic

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Unidentified plants in Granite Falls have names

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I have found all 10 plants (actually I've found all the plants in the entire game) and it lets me identify the "Unidentified plant" and then it isn't added to my 10 plants that I need to complete the aspiration. So I am essentially stuck from leveling up to get the Outdoor aspiration. Please advise how to fix. Game is up to date, playing on PS4. Contacted PS4 to check if it was downloaded correctly and it still didn't fix the problem. This seems to be game related. I even tried deleting all the plants and still did not correct. 

Message 21 of 33 (11,179 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I managed to find a workaround. I waited until summer when every one of the unidentified plants are in season and removed all of the previously identified plants from my sims inventory before heading back to Granite Falls. When I got there all of the plants were reset. I was able to identify each one of them and have them register as identified for the aspiration milestone. 

It's unfortunate that we have to wait until summer for this but I changed the seasons' lengths to the shortest duration in the Game Options menu because I'm impatient. 

Yes, you do have to wait for all of the plants to bloom again when you get there so make sure to take a long vacation.

Message 22 of 33 (11,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I will try this work around.  I sold all the mushrooms from granite falls that I had in my inventory to see if once I did it would credit me after harvesting and attempting to identify.  My sim is maxed out in herbalism and already identified all the plants, yet she is stuck at 8/10.  I had to use the cheat for the aspiration.  My problem is that the two mushrooms (morsels) from Granite Falls keep reverting back to unidentified plants and idk what to do about it.  

edit:  yah and now it's happening to the huckleberry where it reverts back to being unidentified.  And I should add that I have not used any mods since reinstalling sims 4 a couple months ago.  I also only use the moveobjects cheat for decorative purposes maybe twice.  I've had to install the mc command center mod to unglitch my sims.  Since going to vacation in the jungle place (forgot the name) my game has been really weird.  I was in a tomb and tried to place the little cooler, thinking I could since I could place the tent just fine, but the cooler glitched out and went invisible.  It was in my inventory twice later when I got home.  Sorry for the long reply but if any of the devs see this I figure they may need as much info as possible to problem solve.

Message 23 of 33 (11,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Having the same bug with some added flavour!

BUG DESCRIPTION: For me, my herbalist sim visited Granite falls once, found some but not all herbs and cultivated them ( huckleberries, muckleberries and sage) back home. While harvesting at home, some of those would gain her harvested herbs counts for the "harvest unidentified plants n/10" aspiration task even though she had identified them before planting. Now next summer she went back to Granite falls and all the plants in the lodging neighbourhood were either basil or "wild plant". I saw an obvious fireleaf and it said "wild plant" and the only options were to either view it or remove it. I travelled to deep woods and could only find some sage, "normal plants" and something labelled simply "Plant". It was summer and they weren't even growing even tho the description said their seasons are summer and spring. I feel that the herbs + aspiration are Very buggy at the moment and I will have to call it quits for this aspiration, it's too broken right now. 

Other notes/feedback for a more playable experience:

It makes absolutely no sense that visiting GF at the end of the summer the plants are not in bloom! They should spawn as fully-grown produce-bearing plants because it makes no sense for having to wait some days to be able to collect anything! I don't care if the byproduct would be that the plants weirdly spawn on 1st day of spring out of the blue, that would be way less annoying than having to wait for them to grow. Also, it's weird that if I want to brew herbal remedies, I can see listed the recipes including, for example, elderberries or chamomille even though my sim has never ever harvested/identified those plants. I believe it's tied to my skill level but it's still weird because my sim does not technically know these plants.

Update:

I repaired the game while my sim was in lodging in Granite falls. After repairing suddenly some elderberries and chamomille popped into existence in the area. I was able to interact with them normally! So I travelled to deep woods, saved my game and tried repairing the game again. This did not help at all and the interaction options and descriptions are still like I described in the previous post. Especially I have not been able to find any Outdoor retreat mushrooms anywhere. Also the area where you can find the "bramble path" (can't remember the area name, sorry) had changed a little bit after my first repair: the fireleaf plant that is _on the lot_ already was now called Fireleaf but I was not able to interact with it normally (only view or remove options). The other fireleaf plants in the area that are _Not on the lot_ are still called "wild plants". I have to point out that my sim has never identified fireleaf.

To conclude, repairing the game might fix the plants in the lodging neighbourhood but in my case it did not help in other areas of Granite falls. The bug is still GAME-BREAKING because you cannot complete the outdoor enthusiast aspiration as things are. Also, I'm not completely sure if this is part of the bug but I'm having a feeling that there are no outdoor retreat specific mushroom type plants to be found currently. I have looked in all three neighbourhoods but none can be found.

(CM: Double posts merged)

Message 24 of 33 (11,027 Views)

★ Novice

I realise this is an old thread, but i am having the same issue 2 years later. 

Message 25 of 33 (10,762 Views)

★★ Novice

In short, me too. Am stuck on 8/10 wild plants identified. All 10 are correctly displayed in my Household Collections as if I have got them all.

Message 26 of 33 (10,726 Views)

No unidentified plants

★ Novice

I'm trying to play through the Outdoors Enthusiast aspiration. However there are no unidentified plants that generate. All the plants I come by are wild basil or sage. Everything else is dead and only gives me the option to remove wild plant. This is occurring across multiple vacations to Granite Falls across different seasons. I'm playing on PS4, no mods or cheats. 

Message 27 of 33 (10,706 Views)

Re: No unidentified plants

★★ Pro

This is still an issue. I wonder if we should create another bug report for the aspiration? These are connected because the Outdoor retreat plants aren't spawning correctly but thinking about the gameplay it's a really big issue that the aspiration (which is always a big selling point in packs for me) isn't currently working and can't be played through!

Message 28 of 33 (9,980 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still an issue for me, too.  Lordy I wish I didn't keep running into so many bugs that are months or years old with this game.

Stuck at 9/10.  Going to go home, sell all my herbs or shove them in a chest, and come back to see if it works for me.  Argh.

Message 29 of 33 (9,916 Views)

★★ Pro
@shewhosleepsnot good luck with that, at least for me the issue was never resolved and I just gave up playing that sim because the aspiration doesn't work.. Frown
Message 30 of 33 (9,873 Views)