Re: [OPEN] [OR] Unidentified plants in Granite Falls have names

by alanmichael1

Original Post

★★★★ Pro

Returning to Granite Falls some months later, I now have the bug as the OP descriped it: Wild plants have names even when you move the mouse over them. No interaction with the plants (harvesting, eating) increases the herbal skill.

Message 11 of 33 (5,361 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Went to Granite Falls in Spring, and while some wild plants in the national forrest work correctly, the plants around the camping site for the basic potions have no fruits/flowers at all (even after 2 days)  - probably because they are not in their season. I think this is the reason for this whole bug - some wild plants (like chamomille) have wrongly been classified as normal seasonal plants. But to play the herbalism skill, all wild plants must always be harvestable like the plasma tree from Vampires and the emotion berries from JA.

Message 12 of 33 (5,307 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I agree it would help if the Outdoor Retreat plants were available all year, or at least from spring to fall as there’s so much snow there in the winter, it would make sense to be dormant in the the winter. From what I remember from the Carl’s Sims site, all the plants are all available in the summer, and a couple are also available in the spring or fall. Though this is probably best in the suggestion area of the forums, since it’s not a bug. 🙂 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 13 of 33 (5,298 Views)

★★★★ Pro

The bug is in each case that half of the wild plants can be identified immediately which makes it very difficult to level up this skill.

Message 14 of 33 (5,297 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I did have that issue in one save, but luckily it doesn’t seem to be a problem for me in any others. I often just read the book to start and then grill the remedies to build the skills, but I would think it may cause a problem with the aspiration since you are supposed to identify all 10, and it’s hard to do that when they’re already identified. 

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 15 of 33 (5,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Dxm3LWMWkAALzfg.jpg

Wild plants in GF have been identifying themselves in the "harvest" menu since the gardening overhaul. There seems to be no mechanism to hide the tip as to what's harvestable for the GF wild plants. The plant "label" is correct: Harvest Unidentified Mushroom. It's the pop up that gives it all away.

I've not lately had the problem with an unidentified plant being identified in my Sims inventory, but this has been a random problem since OR came out.

Sometimes the plant stays unidentified in inventory as long as my Sim is in GF, but becomes identified when they travel home.

Sometimes the plant remains unidentified until it's planted at home and then it becomes identified, but if my Sim travels back to GF and picks the same plant it shows up as unidentified. 

The only time any of this really matters is if it effects the Outdoor Enthusiast requirement to Identify All Unidentified Plants. As long as the game keeps track of which plants my Sim has and has not identified, I'm ok. 

Message 16 of 33 (5,219 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I think Maxis should turn back the herbalism system to the state before seasons. It is very disappointing that you can only harvest the needed plants in summer. For me this makes the whole pack pointless in 3/4 of the time.

Message 17 of 33 (5,201 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had my sim return to granite falls three times, twice in the spring and then in the summer and still could not find all the plants. The first two days the plants aren't harvestable. The third day some plants are harvestable and some aren't. It makes it tedious to discover and learn the herbs. 

I agree the herbs should be available to harvest every season, and when your sim hikes and discovers them on day one you can harvest them. I end up wasting two days of the vacation waiting for plants to mature.

I also wish there were herbs in the deep woods, and plants that are in season would be available to harvest.

Lastly, I wish the option to remove wild plants wasn't there. In one of my saved games my sim autonomously removed lots of wild plants. The next time that family vacationed in Granite falls the wild plants did not respawn. I gave up working on herbalism with that family and created a new game.

I am running all EPs except get famous, no mods. 

Message 18 of 33 (5,162 Views)

★ Guide

Not sure how close this issue I'm currently having is to this one...

Caleb is also stuck, on 2/4, with only 9/10 plants counting as identified. I just got done having him eat one of every plant (a few unfortunate outcomes there) yet it still says he's only identified 9/10. He's been growing them for ages and hovering over them gives me all their names. I'm confused.

Message 19 of 33 (4,970 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is exactly what is happening with my sim still. I've identified everything and grown all the plants at home and I'm still stuck on 9/10 being counted as identified. Is there a resolution for this? 

Message 20 of 33 (4,742 Views)