by auzuramane

Original Post

[OPEN] [OR] Sim reset while making Herbalism Potion

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Creating a herbalism potion
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Creating a herbalism potion
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim T-Poses for a split second and the created potion appears on the ground next to the sim
What do you expect to see? The sim putting the potion into his inventory upon completion, as they usually do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue happens after Update 07/08/2020 to the game

I recently noticed that any sim that creates a potion  "T-poses" for a quick moment and resets right after making it instead of putting it into their inventory, and the completed potion ends up on the ground next to the sim.

I have removed all of my mods, cleared all cache and repaired the game. Same issue.

I have tested this with both adults and young adults, male and female.
This problem began occurring after the recent update.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 27 (4,909 Views)

Re: Herbalism Potion T-Pose Bug

★★★ Novice

Here is the video as an example

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 2 of 27 (4,892 Views)

Re: Herbalism Potion T-Pose Bug

★★★ Guide

Indeed tested this and have the same problem. This is similar to the old vet treat bug if I remember right?🤔

Message 3 of 27 (4,885 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [OR] Sim reset while making Herbalims Potion

Hero

@auzuramane

I have this going on too exactly as shown in your video.  The sim resets and instead of going into inventory, the recipe ends up on the floor.  You can no longer queue making them because of it.  I believe it was introduced by Eco Lifestyle as one of the things in one of the NAPs adds a feature where sims affected by that NAP autonomously make the Destressing recipe.  Since you don't have EL listed  as one of your packs, then the change must have been added by the pre-EL patch. I do have both OR and EL and it happens every time a Herbalism recipe is used.

Hope this helps

Message 4 of 27 (4,783 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am still having this issue as of the September patch.

Message 5 of 27 (4,690 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue as of the September patch. Just started playing my sim as an herbalist and this is absolutely irritating.

Message 6 of 27 (4,645 Views)

★★★ Guide
Just chiming in with a "me too". Had my sim go to the Deep Forest in Granite Falls, and the hermit was littering the place with finished potions. I couldn't drag them to his fridge, because "this item doesn't belong to you", so had to click each individually.

The same happened to my sim when he returned home, and made potions himself. Click to make one, reset, click the potion, or drag it, to put it away (inventory/fridge). Rinse and repeat.

Would very much like to be able to queue up more than one potion at a time, or other things I need my sim to do, like taking care of needs.
Message 7 of 27 (4,625 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Still not fixed.

Message 8 of 27 (4,475 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Sim reset while making Herbalims Potion

★ Novice

I am having the same issue. Roommates keep making potion and are being reset while making the potion.

Message 9 of 27 (4,403 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Sim reset while making Herbalims Potion

★★★ Novice

It's May now and the same issue is happening. Sim T poses, resets, and the completed item is dropped to the ground rather then placed in their inventory. Doesn't matter what I do now, nothing helps. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. Nothing. Could someone please fix this? 

Message 10 of 27 (4,159 Views)