Can't find unidentified plants in Granite Falls

by patariina

Original Post

Re: Unidentified plants do not spawn in GF

★★ Novice

I guess I should also mention that I have gone during all of the seasons. Also, I had seasons previously and had no issue what so ever.

Message 11 of 31 (3,344 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the clarification! I have had (minor) issues with some of the wild plants in GF if my Sim already had a higher herbalism skill, and had grown the plants on their home lot. However that was quite a while ago, and I have not tried since the recent packs to see if it still happens... I hope you are able to find a solution! Cheers.

Message 12 of 31 (3,343 Views)

Hero

HI @KeenKelsey 

merged your post with a similar post.

Both seem similar as they don't seem to grow properly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 31 (3,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

If you don't have Seasons your Sim needs to stay in each area of GF long enough for the plants to sprout, mature and bear fruit. That can take a while since there are three areas: Campground, National Park and Hermit's House.

If you have seasons your Sim needs to do that plus visit in the appropriate season. If your playing average Lifespan and shorter seasons that's a challenge.

I don't remember were I got this but it's helpful. It seems to me that the Fall and Spring plants are not available in Summer, but I'm not positive. Will have to check next time I'm in GF. This might be from pre-release info about Seasons.

Screen Shot 2019-02-16 at 3.23.22 PM.jpg

Hope this helps.

I do think that GF and the Science Lab from GTW were a little messed up by the gardening overhaul plus Seasons.

P.S. I believe there's a "cheat" for changing the growth state of plants. But where's the fun in that. 

Message 14 of 31 (3,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added this for now although I think it's just as others have said. You need to stay long enough and seasons makes that harder

Actually found another thread on the issue. Merged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 31 (3,235 Views)

Can't find unidentified plants in Granite Falls

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect StangerVille, Vampires, My First Pet Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff and Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Outdoor Retreat and go to Granite Falls
What happens when the bug occurs? Unidentified plants can't be harvested or even be found at all
What do you expect to see? Unidentified plants that can be harvested
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started playing Outdoor Retreat pack for the first time today. My sim have outdoor enthusiast aspiration and I can't move to another level because I can't find any harvestable unidentified plants anywhere. I saw one once but I could only look at it and soon it was all gone. In some lots there are mud spots that says "Wild Plant" but they never grow. I read that you have to be at the same lot as the plants at 5am because they spawn then but that didn't work either.

Message 16 of 31 (3,185 Views)

Re: Can't find unidentified plants in Granite Falls

Hero
Is it like this where the ones that are supposed to have no names have names: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-Unidentified-plants-in-Granite-Falls-have-names/m-p/68... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 31 (3,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict  No. There are another plants like strawberries and carrots growing that can be harvested. But if plant says "wild plant" (I'm not sure if that's the word in English version, I just translated it straight from Finnish) the plant can't be harvested. And sometimes even disappears.

Message 18 of 31 (3,173 Views)

Hero

OK

Merging your post with the 5 am thread then although you say that doesn't work for you either.

See if @DizzyDee-K table above helps you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 31 (3,168 Views)

★★ Pro

Thank you @DizzyDee-K for this chart! I think it helps explain why my Sims that just got back from Granite Falls after a two day stay didn't have any luck harvesting the wild plants specific to the world.

This was my first time playing there since Seasons released, so it's very different and quite confusing now. My Sims were there for two days at the beginning of Spring and the only plants that were in bloom were strawberries and carrots. I think I'll have them try again in Summer and stay longer and see if I have better luck then.

Message 20 of 31 (2,961 Views)